The Big Bang Theory presented one of the most awkward proposals in recent memory when a drunk and defeated Penny (her “big break” on NCIS was left on the cutting room floor) decided to make Leonard the luckiest nerd in California and propose. His shock mixed with her intoxication serves as inspiration for the episode’s title, “The Hesitation Ramification.”
4. Barney & Robin (How I Met Your Mother)
Even though we knew it was coming (thanks to the How I Met Your Mother Season 7 finale, which fast-forwarded to their wedding), Robin wasn’t the only one caught off guard by Barney’s rooftop proposal in “The Final Page.”
While The Playbook may have helped Barney sleep with more than 200 ladies, it also helped him score the mother of all women thanks to the last play he’ll ever run: “The Robin.”
6. Trevor & Hilary (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
“The Bigger, The Better” was Hilary’s motto, and that was exponentially true when it came to her boyfriend, Trevor, proposing. Sadly, his very public choice — while bungee jumping on the nightly news — fell extremely flat.
7. Derek & Meredith (Grey’s Anatomy)
Derek’s elaborate elevator proposal in this 2009 episode of Grey’s Anatomy not only transported the audience back to where it all began, but gave the dreamy doc a perfect platform to celebrate all Meredith’s accomplishments, both personal and professional, culminating in this very simple statement: “I’m not going to get down on one knee. I’m not going to ask a question. I love you, Meredith Grey, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
Nothing ever seems to truly go right for Leslie Knope, making her unwavering optimism all the more enviable. And the universe rewarded her huge heart in the fifth season of Parks and Recreation when Ben Wyatt chose love over money and surprised his beloved by getting down on bended knee. Obviously, Knope said yes…after taking it all in…for a while.
11. Finn & Rachel (Glee)
After Mr. Schue’s beyond-over-the-top proposal to Emma in “Yes/No,” it was a relief to end the Glee episode with a much more understated affair as Finn asked for Rachel’s hand in marriage. While their engagement never led to a wedding, the love these two shared will forever be cherished by fans.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀