35 Socially Unacceptable Things That Should Be Normalized
"Women having body hair."
1. "Not forgiving people who have purposefully wronged or hurt you, especially family. I'm really tired of hearing people say 'be the bigger person,' or 'you have to forgive your family no matter what.' No you don't, and it's perfectly fine."
2. "Women having body hair. It’s our bodies and our decision to decide what to do with it."
3. "Having STDs. We should all be trying our best to practice safe sex, but stigmatizing STDs keeps people from seeking out help."
4. "Going into stores, looking around, and not buying anything. I feel uncomfortable going into stores that I don't know I'm buying something in, and if I do end up not wanting to buy anything at, I usually buy something small anyway so I don't feel like they think I stole something."
5. "Having representation of different sexual orientations in the media other than heterosexual relationships."
6. "Talking about asexuality. Most people either don't know about it or don't care. All I want is awareness and a bit more representation."
7. "Experiencing the world as a disabled person. I wish that a lot more accommodations were easily available, not awkward to ask for, and people wouldn't judge so much when you need mobility assistance."
8. "Being a virgin. It shouldn't be something we're made fun of. You should not feel pressured just to do it even if you don't want to."
9. "For employees to call out customers for being rude. It’s ridiculous that they're expected to sit there and take the verbal abuse because 'the customer is always right.'"