1. A group of employees from the second-screen app Tvtag sent everyone’s favorite meth cook into space.
Johnny Galbraith, marketing director for Tvtag, explained that the decision to launch Walter into space came about at a company hackathon when the non-tech employees wanted something to do.
2. “TV characters are pretty cool, but it’d be cooler to see them in space,” Galbraith told BuzzFeed.
The company held a poll, and 6,000 voters decided that Breaking Bad’s Walter White would reach the heavens, narrowly beating out runner-up Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones’ Daenerys Targaryen.
6. Galbraith said they plan on sending more bobbleheads into space until the equipment breaks or they lose it in space.
7. Watch the whole video here!
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏