1. This crisis is on a bigger scale than anything Europe's seen for a very long time.
2. There are a lot of children traveling alone.
3. People are coming from a lot more countries.
4. Germany is by far the top destination – and its lead is growing.
5. Refugees aren't coming in through just one route.
6. Many people who are entering Europe are skilled workers.
James Ball is a special correspondent for BuzzFeed News and is based in London. PGP: here
Contact James Ball at James.Ball@buzzfeed.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.