Season 3 of Sherlock kicks off in the U.S. in January with three new feature-length mysteries, including the reveal of just how Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) managed to fake his death in 2012’s “The Reichenbach Fall.”
But with “The Sign of Three,” the second episode in the show’s third season, Sherlock must contend with the imminent nuptials of partner John Watson (Martin Freeman) and his most complex situation yet. (Or, as the official episode description puts it: “Sherlock faces his biggest challenge of all — delivering a Best Man’s speech on John’s wedding day.”) And based on BuzzFeed’s exclusive four Sherlock photos below, he’s not going to be putting on a happy face.
2. It looks like there’s a chasm between John and Sherlock, and we’re not just talking about the distance on this park bench. I mean, faking your death will do that to a friendship.
3. The crime-solving duo appears to be wearing matching ensembles for John’s wedding, but there is a decided lack of smiles here. Cold feet perhaps?
4. Confetti explosion! It seems as though John’s wedding to Mary (Amanda Abbington) goes off without a hitch, judging from the beaming smiles of the happy bride and groom.
5. And the moment of truth: Can Sherlock make a best man speech at the wedding reception that won’t humiliate John or Mary entirely? Only time will tell…
6. Season 3 of Sherlock returns to PBS’s Masterpiece on Sunday, Jan. 19 at 9:58 p.m. Check your local listings for details.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚