2. Okay, maybe don’t forget texting.
I know I just said to forget texting but we live in the 21st century and we NEED to text our best friends. Text your thoughts, text your inside jokes, even text pictures of your day to day life (including that extra piece of pie you just ate).
3. Try calling your best friend over the phone.
I know that most of us are terrified of actually using our smartphones, as you know, a real phone, but DO IT. Pick up the phone, call your best friend and tell each other stories quicker than a snap chat or text ever could.
4. Watch a TV show or a movie together.
Lorelai and Rory had it right - watching TV shows or movies together with your best friend is the best thing in the world. Even though the two of you are apart, you can watch the show together and text each other during those “OMG I CAN’T STAND THIS SUSPENSE” parts (I’m talking to you Scandal, end of season 1).
5. Start and end the day with them.
This applies for all those best friends out there who have lived together and are used to seeing their best friends tired or groggy face in the morning or at night. Text each other on your way to work and when you finish that episode of Netflix as you head to bed. It’s ALMOST like turning the light off in the living room and closing your door across the hall from them.
6. Send each other clothes.
Ever wake up in the morning and hate your wardrobe? That’s what a best friend is there for! Regularly send each other clothes to keep rotating the feeling as if you just walked into their closet, took that guilty pleasure sequined shirt of theirs (with their “token” permission), and wore it all day long. Think of all the new outfits you can make (and maybe even start your own sisterhood of the traveling clothing item, if you’re into that).
7. On that note, send each other pictures or fun items!
I have this best friend who sends me pop up stickers and pictures of our former (*tear) lives together. Nothing makes life instantly BETTER than to relive our fun times with our amazing selfies from that one college party.
9. Keep each other updated!
There is nothing too mundane in your life that your best friend won’t appreciate. They need to know EVERYTHING. From sharing that there is something in your eye to discussing what best outfit to wear, your best friend (though far away) is there to help.
10. Start a book club. A knitting club. ANY CLUB.
No, this doesn’t make either of you introverts who hate the world, it just is another way of creating something special that only the two of you do. Inside jokes are great, but inside jokes about the attempted scarfs you both are trying to knit will make you laugh even more.
- UK election results: The Labour Party has been beaten into third place in Scotland, but is doing better than expected at holding on to control of English councils 🇬🇧
- U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said he was not ready to endorse Donald Trump for president 🇺🇸
- A jury has found Lonnie Franklin Jr. guilty in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings of 10 black women in Los Angeles.