25 Beauty Products From Amazon You Might Want To Buy For The Before-And-Afters Alone
The proof is in the pudding...or rather, before-and-after photos.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
1. A Paula's Choice 2& BHA liquid exfoliant that is a skincare cult-favorite, and for good reason, too. This chemical exfoliator contains salicylic acid that works to whisk away dead skin cells from the surface, revealing a texture-free glow underneath.
2. A Differin 0.1% adapalene gel to clear up acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and even smooth out the appearance of fine lines. I've used this gel in the past, and my skin was baby-smooth after getting over the inevitable first few weeks of dryness.
3. A Maybelline brow tint pen, because whether you have many brow hairs or not, you will surely want to pick up this pen for drawing in realistic-looking brow hairs that will last all day.
4. A Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo to tackle dandruff and protect your scalp from flaking. This product contains 1% ketoconazole, an ingredient recommended by dermatologists for minimizing dandruff and restoring scalp health.
5. A Derma-E acne spot treatment, because although we can't zap our zits away, we can at least use amazing spot treatments like this one by Derma-E. Here is why this product works so effectively — it contains salicylic acid to exfoliate the blemish, tea tree oil to dry it out, and aloe vera to hydrate the skin and diminish redness in the site. Basically, it works hard so you don't have to.
6. A tub of Aztec Secret clay mask that's another industry favorite, and for great reasons. This mask works amazingly to soak up excess pore-clogging sebum, effectively reducing the appearance of acne. Pro tip: mix in ACV and honey into your mask to add in some anti-microbial effects to this at-home spa day.
7. A Shea Moisture African black soap to renew your skin as easy as 1, 2, 3. I have been using this cleanser for years, and I can firmly say that it is the only cleanser that keeps my skin clear and glowing all at once.
8. A Hero Cosmetics rescue balm that I use on my post-adult-acne dark spots that seem like they'll never go away. This formula has panthenol that will hydrate the area while beta glucan works overtime to diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
9. A Seoul Ceuticals marine mineral plump and glow essence, because essence is a K-Beauty secret to glowing, glass-like skin. Incorporate this essence into your routine after your toner and before your serums to deliver a surge of water to your skin.
10. Rael's pimple patches that I use whenever I feel a zit coming on. These pimple patches work to bring acne bumps to their head quicker, which means healing time is quicker, too. It also creates a seal that makes it impossible for you to pick, which is so important because you should never pick your pimples!
11. A Sky Organic castor oil to help grow any sparse areas along your hairline, in your scalp, and even between your eyebrows and lashes.
12. A Davines' curl conditioner that I have been using for months now, and I can firmly say that it is my holy grail conditioner for restoring the shape of my natural curls while adding an intense shine to them. Plus, I've noticed that the results are cumulative, so every time I use this conditioning mask is better than the last. My love letter to this product is endless, but here are just a few more reasons why I'm completely enamored — it lasts forever, smells like a spa sent from above, and looks super chic in my bathroom.
13. A Dermablend matte powder foundation so that you can go on about your day in the spring heat not having to worry about your foundation running down your face. This formulation is particularly matte, making it great for those with oily skin to even out skin tone, and minimize the appearance of pores.
14. A Maybelline glass spray to seal your makeup in for hours while providing you with that coveted glass-skin glow.
15. A Maybelline volumizing mascara that will make it look like you got a lash lift in seconds. The best part? It costs under ten bucks. Cha-ching.
16. A Bedhead hair waver to make your hair look as if you just spent your day at a seaside paradise. This product is essentially 2021's version of a crimper — but elevated to fit your beachy style.
17. The iconic Baby Foot peel mask that uses exfoliators to slough off every last dead skin cell from the soles (and heels!) of your feet. I use this mask every few months, and the peeling experience is always just as satisfying as the soft and supple results.
18. A Organys lash and brow booster serum to help grow your lashes so that you will never have to wear falsies again. This serum also works well at growing out any sparse areas in your brows that are still recovering from your days of over-plucking.
19. A Matrix silver color-depositing shampoo that will whisk away any brass or copper tones from your blonde hair or highlights, and make your color last until your next toning session. Plus, this shampoo works great at amplifying natural gray hair, too!
20. A Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer hot air brush for those of you who love the look of a blowout, but only have about 10 minutes to spare in the morning on your hair. This brush combs through every strand of your hair for a voluminous and shiny finish.
21. A Elizabeth Mott mattifying face primer to lock your foundation in place all day while effectively minimizing the appearance of pores or uneven texture.
22. A Color Wow root cover-up powder, because there are ways to cover up roots and greys without going to the salon every few weeks! Consider this product for any sparse areas in your roots between coloring.
23. An Elevate the Beauty brow and lash lamination set that will up the curl on your natural lashes while adding fluffy volume to your brow hairs. There's no wondering why this product is a fan favorite amongst TikTok users.
24. An Olaplex hair-repairing treatment to repair the cuticle damage you might be experiencing thanks to processing and treatments. If you, like me, have virgin hair, you can definitely still use this product to boost hydration and tighten curls.
25. And a St. Tropez self tan bronzing mousse, because although summer is almost here, it's not quite here yet. Consider this self-tanning mousse as your saving grace from winter paleness until the beaches open back up.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.