1. Akrit Jaswal: Surgeon at 7.
Akrit Jaswal, a bright young boy from Nurpur, India, performed his very first surgery at the age of seven on a girl who had burnt her fingers.
With an incredible IQ of 146, Jaswal aims to find a cure for cancer, for which he went to Britain at 12.
He later pursued a master’s degree in applied chemistry and was also invited to The Oprah Winfrey Show. Needless to say, he’s better than you.
2. Arfa Karim Randhawa: Microsoft Certified Professional at 9.
In 2004, Arfa Karim Randhawa, a computer whiz kid from Faisalabad, Pakistan, became the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional at only nine-years-old. Arfa received the presidential Pride of Performance awards and got to meet Bill Gates. She was lauded internationally.
In 2012, Arfa passed away tragically after suffering a cardiac arrest at age 16. We’re guessing heaven needed her technical assistance.
3. Priyanshi Somani: Mental calculator at 11.
At age 11, this “mental calculator” from Gujarat, India, won the 2010 Mental Calculation World Cup with a 100% accuracy, which has never happened in the history of the competition. She has recently been featured in the ‘Mind and Memory’ section of the 2014 Guinness Book of World Records.
Meanwhile, you have fun spending several minutes tallying your receipt at the grocery store.
4. Kautilya Pandit: Google Boy at 6.
Kautilya from Haryana, India, is known as ‘Google boy’, ‘mini encyclopaedia’ and ‘memory prince’ for all the right reasons. Ask him anything and it’s highly probable he’ll answer quickly and correctly. Professors who have conducted tests on him believe his IQ may be somewhere around 130.
Here, you’re Googling what the capital of Sweden is; shame on you.
Shame on us all.
5. Haris Manzoor: Passed four O level exams at 9.
For nine-year-old Haris Manzoor, O level Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics were not a problem. This Pakistani child has recently made a world record for being the youngest person to have passed these these subjects. Despite his achievements in science and maths, Haris dreams of becoming a lawyer one day.
Go ahead. Lie down and pretend to be a carrot.
6. Ajay Puri: Youngest web designer.
Born in India and raised in Bangkok is another another South Asian computer whiz kid. Puri, who is now 17, became the youngest web designer at age four, designing his own webpage. He has met Bill Gates, Bill Clinton and made appearances on several worldwide TV channels, along with having chilled with many Bollywood celebrities.
Which famous person have you met this fine lifetime?
7. Sushma Verma: Studying microbiology at 14.
Sushma Verma is a bright-eyed fourteen-year-old from Lucknow, India, who is pursuing a master’s degree in microbiology. She completed her BSc in zoology and botany last year from Lucknow University and currently waits to hit 18 so she’s eligible for enrolling into a medical school. Verma graduated from high school at seven. Her parents work as daily wage labourers.
ALL of your excuses are lame.
8. Truptraj Pandya: Tabla wunderkind.
Truptraj from Mumbai, India, holds the Guinness Record for being the world’s youngest tabla player in the world.
According to Guinness World Records’ website, Truptraj has performed at over 50 concerts already, having also played at the Commonwealth Games.
He performed on All India Radio at 3, while you were still smacking unmelodic spoons on your plate.
9. Shorya Mahanot: Little Picasso.
Six-year-old Shorya Mahanot has been painting since he was a toddler. He puts on his goggles and works on canvases which are gigantic next to his little frame, using acrylic, oil and water colours as his medium. His beautiful abstract work, which has been compared to Jackson Pollock’s and earned international acclaim, can be checked out here.
Remember that mutilated cat you drew as a kid? Yeah, it just died.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links in Donald Trump's tweets to determine where the president-elect gets his news 📰❗️
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago today, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.