1. When feminist @LilyBolourian tweeted her selfie with the satirical hashtag #FeministsAreUgly, she aimed to start a movement.
2. Soon @cheuya joined in, tweeting her selfie with the hashtag to help dispel all bored stereotypes about feminists being “humourless” and “ugly”.
3. A movement that urged that women needn’t conform to Western standards of beauty to be lovely.
4. And they briefly made Twitter a wonderful, beautiful, feminist place.
5. Look at this bandana-wearing threat to patriarchy.
6. Here’s a drop-dead gorgeous mocker of misogyny.
7. This one feminist is fab even when she’s furious.
8. And this feminist who doesn’t need long locks to be glorious.
9. Look at these feminists, who can light up a room with their smiles.
10. And this beauty who didn’t even get the memo.
11. This badass proves that the “no horizontal stripes” rule is bullshit.
12. This one can be terrifyingly pretty.
13. This feminist can makes head turn without effort.
14. This one could easily be a supermodel.
15. And you can never be as chillaxed as this free-spirited feminist.
16. We even saw some familiar feminists faces…
20. And Rou Reynolds.
21. A summary of what we’ve learned today:
This post has been updated to include more information about the start of the movement.
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.
- #AusVotes 2016: Follow our live election day blog as polls open, votes are cast and sausages are sizzled 🇦🇺
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she'll accept FBI recommendations in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email servers.