2. Subway was not amused.
Like everyone, we are deeply offended by the fake story and ad created by The Onion.
3. Youtube user Travis Northup uploaded a video Thursday where employees at one Subway location accepted the fake coupon.
4. From the video’s description:
I played a prank on my friend and convinced him that The Onion’s satirical 9/11 deal was a real promotion, and when he and my other co-worker (who was in on it) went to grab the food Subway actually honored the promotion. I gave my co-worker a blown up version of the picture that The Onion made for their article and they accepted it. I have a receipt showing a subtotal of $9.11 before taxes. My mind was blown.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links in Donald Trump's tweets to determine where the president-elect gets his news 📰❗️
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago today, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.