25 Action Movies With Brilliant Hidden Details You've Never Noticed
Bruce Banner's reaction to Iron Man's new suit in Avengers: Infinity War is hilarious.
1. "The debate regarding whether the ending of Inception was real or not can be ended by looking at the wedding ring Cobb's wearing. In the real world he has no ring, whereas the ring is present in the dreams. In the final scene he has no ring on, so the 'happy ending' is reality."
2. "In Air Force One, someone on the President's staff suggests sending a fax to get a message out. The President says if the plan works he will make her Postmaster General. The plan is successful, and in the credits, the actor is listed as 'Future Postmaster General'."
3. "Brilliant visual humor in Edgar Wright’s Hot Fuzz."
5. "Wonder Woman's blue dress is a nod to the 1970s Wonder Woman series."
6. "In Die Hard, Alan Rickman’s petrified expression while falling was completely genuine. The stunt team said that they would drop him on the count of three, but instead they dropped him at one."
8. Now, this one isn't really a fun definition of "cool," but it's certainly noteworthy: "In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the Nazi outfits are genuine World War II uniforms, not costumes."
9. "Although the scientists in Jurassic Park were skilled geneticists, they misspelled 'Stegosaurus' and 'Tyrannosaurus' on the cryogenic storage containers."
10. "In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Michelle (MJ) is reading a book titled Of Human Bondage. It's a story of an orphan boy sent to live with his aunt and uncle."
11. "In The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, one of the fishers despairing at Sean’s early attempts at drifting is the real-life 'Drift King' Keiichi Tsuchiya. Tsuchiya helped popularize the art, as well as Touge driving, which also features heavily in the film."
12. "In Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, the familiar Pixar A113 Easter egg can be seen on the ring of an IMF Agent. Ghost Protocol was directed by former Pixar director and animator Brad Bird."
14. "In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, young Indy gets trapped with a lion and uses a whip, which cuts his chin. Later in the film, present day Indy has a scar. Thought this was a pretty cool little detail."
15. "In Mad Max: Fury Road, the praying hand gesture resembles a V8 engine."
16. "In Hot Fuzz, all the swear box words are censored, except for 'cunt.'"
17. "In Jurassic Park, when Hammond insists on pouring the champagne, he says, 'I know my way around the kitchen,' but he uses the cheap glasses instead of the champagne glasses to the left of the shot. Much like with Jurassic Park, Hammond has the best intentions but he isn’t as capable as he presents."
19. "In Wonder Woman 1984, an elderly version of Etta Candy from the first film makes an appearance in one of the photographs in Diana's apartment. The actor, Lucy Davis, actually reprised the role in elderly makeup just to create the photo."
20. "During the vault scene in Mission: Impossible, Tom Cruise kept hitting his head when attempting to hover inches off the floor, so he put English pound coins in his shoes to maintain his balance."
21. "In The Fugitive, Harrison Ford (who's playing the framed Dr. Kimble) was not provided a script for the interrogation scene. His answers and mounting frustration with the detectives were improvised in order to seem more genuine."
Here's the full interrogation scene.
22. "In Men in Black 3, the alien with an exposed brain is played by legendary SFX artist Rick Baker. He worked on all three MIB movies."
23. "In Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, Brixton's (Idris Elba's) exoskeleton displays 'force' and 'velocity' when Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) punches him, and it displays 'trajectory' and 'velocity' when Shaw (Jason Statham) attacks. This shows how Hobbs's threat is more of absolute power, while Shaw's is more about technique."
25. "In Speed, Howard Payne, played by Dennis Hopper, always uses the phone by holding it to his left ear with his right hand. This is likely due to hearing loss in his right ear caused by the same accident that cost him his left thumb."
27. "In Mad Max: Fury Road, you can see where Furiosa stored food in the War Rig when she enters the rig from below."
28. "When David Levinson (Jeff Goldblum) is looking for his ex-wife's phone number in Independence Day, the address is a little on the nose"
29. "In Die Hard, we catch Ellis doing cocaine in Holly's office. Later when Hans has Ellis talking to McClain over the radio, one of the terrorists brings him in a can of Coke. He obviously asked for some 'coke' and they misinterpreted him."
30. "In Captain Marvel, when Monica Rambeau is changing the color of Carol Danvers's suit, she first chooses a combination of red and gold, which are the same colors as DC's Shazam, who was previously known as Captain Marvel."
32. "Look at the two shooters sign during the pub shootout in Hot Fuzz."
Note: Quotes have been edited for length and/or clarity.