People Are Sharing What They Think Is The Most Overrated Movie Of All Time, And It Is Bold
I, too, despise Dunkirk.
Here are just 15 of them.
1. "The Breakfast Club. I was so excited to see it for the first time, and I was so disappointed when it turned out to be a bunch of whining teenagers learning how to be friends. I expected better."
2. "Titanic. Boat sinks, people die, old woman throws necklace into water, has dying fantasy, roll credits."
3. "American Sniper. I honestly can't believe it was nominated for an Oscar."
4. "2001: A Space Odyssey. Supposedly one of the greats...it’s shit."
5. "The Notebook. It was touted as one of the greatest love stories, and my friends finally roped me into sitting down and watching it with them. What I saw was two childish people who hardly knew each other and had almost nothing in common 'fall in love,' go through a lot of stupid antics, and then somehow stay together all their lives?"
6. "Personally, I think The Hunger Games was overrated."
7. "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. It's boring, and it's the same joke over and over again. Scott Pilgrim is also an extremely unlikeable ~Nice Guy~ who literally spends the entire movie killing his love interest's ex-boyfriends."
8. "500 Days of Summer."
9. "Boyhood? More like Snoozehood if you ask me."
10. "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Both of the characters are unbearable and unlikable. I remember enjoying it when I was younger but the older I get the more irritating they become."
11. "Dunkirk. From a technical standpoint it's very well done. The story-telling mechanic was unique and interesting, but I found myself really not giving a shit about what happened."
12. "La La Land."
13. "Donnie Darko. I thought it was brutal."
14. "Last year I finally got around to watching There Will Be Blood. I really liked the first hour or so, and then realized I had about two more hours to go. I was like...okay, I get it, this is a movie about a bad, weird white man who ruins everything. Seen a lot of movies like this. Is there going to be something more to this? And there wasn’t. The rest of that movie was a chore that had nothing interesting to say."
15. And, "Avatar."
Note: Answers have been edited for length and/or clarity.