21 Things You Find Out When You Become A Stripper
Advice from a stripper: Never drink the wine at a strip club.
1. It's not complicated to become a stripper, but you do have to audition.
2. Stealing a stripper's song is almost as bad as taking their customer.
3. We're usually asleep from 6am–3pm.
4. We know every place in the city that's still open and selling food at 5am.
5. Stripper shoes are the most comfortable heels you'll ever wear.
6. You don't need to know how to pole dance to become a stripper – you pick it all up on the job.
7. Stag parties are some of the quietest and least-fun customers we have.
8. We are immune to flattery.
9. Sometimes we walk out with less money than we came in with.
10. We buy the cheap perfume, because we go through a bottle a week.
11. Even the best of us slip on the pole at some point.
12. The changing room is where the drama goes down and where all the real fun is.
13. Strippers work at that time of the month, they just trim their tampon string.
14. It's really difficult to get out of a garter belt and stockings while making it look sexy.
15. A stripper's bag is full of secrets.
16. Never drink the wine in a strip club.
17. You will have bruises in shades of purple you never knew existed, thanks to all that sexy floorwork.
18. But more than the physical strain, stripping is emotionally straining.
19. It’s important to know your rights.
20. But it's still one of the best jobs around, for many reasons.
21. But the best part is getting home and rolling around in all your hard-earned money.
Note: This post is based on one person's experience of working in the industry.