1. Things were off to an interesting start as Ace Hood's watch broke on the red carpet...
2. Every teenage girl's prom nightmare happened when DJ Drama, J. Cole, and Brandon T. Jackson all had on the same Versace sweater.
Awk sauce! At least J. Cole got to change for his performance.
3. But Bow Wow standing awkwardly by all his flawless exes might just take the cake for preshow awkwardness.
4. BET let Chris Brown open the show because apparently people still care about him.
Nicki Minaj killed it, though.
5. Miguel jumped off a platform while performing "How Many Drinks" and managed to not body slam anyone.
6. 2 Chainz performed "Fuckin' Problems" with A$AP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar.
7. Mariah Carey tried to lip-synch her way out of what appeared to be a giant perfume case?
She performed "#Beautiful" with Miguel and we got an unexpected guest verse from Young Jeezy.
8. Robin Thicke performed "Blurred Lines," the rape culture anthem that everyone has criticized him for and people appeared to enjoy it.
9. Ciara gave her usual dance fierceness when she performed "Turn Up" with Nicki Minaj.
10. J. Cole performed "Power Trip" and "Crooked Smile" off his new album.
11. R. Kelly performed an amazing medley of all his hits, including an entire choir singing "Trapped in the Closet." (!!!)
12. In Jamie Foxx's acceptance speech for best actor, Jamie let us all know that, "We're living in a world of Djangos now."
"We're living in a world of Djangos now. Jay-Z Django, Kanye Django, 2Chainz Django, J. Cole Django." Still trying to figure out what that means...
13. Erykah Badu joined Kendrick Lamar for a beautiful, jazzy rendition of "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe."
14. BET gave a rare dancehall tribute by inviting some of the most sampled dancehall artists to perform.
Beenie Man, Elephant Man, Dawn Penn, and Chaka Demus & Pliers were all there. Nicki Minaj could be seen in the audience getting it on and showing her Trini roots.