6. Olive You! by Katy Hall and Lisa Eisenberg
If you’re lucky enough to have a date this holiday, you might want to check this out for some adorable childish jokes to break the ice. I mean who wouldn’t like to hear a valentine knock-knock joke?
8. Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann
The main character, Pinkalicious, is super excited for Valentine’s Day because EVERYTHING is pink! She makes the perfect pink card for someone in her class. There’s going to be a lot of alliteration in this book I can feel it.
17. Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane de Groat
V-day haters, this one’s for you! Gilbert writes out mean valentines and forges other people’s names on them. I’m sure he’ll learn his lesson, maybe you’ll learn one too!
19. Valentines Are For Saying I Love You by Margaret Sutherland
This story tells us that candy, chocolate, flowers, and letters are nice, but that the most important part about Valentine’s Day is telling the people you care about that you love them!
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.