4. Or this:
5. Not to mention this:
7. Because it’s quite literally paradise in spring.
Little Salkeld Mill in the Eden Valley.
13. Because you’re constantly surrounded by a sense of history.
Castlerigg Stone Circle.
14. And wonderful sights from the past.
27. Plus you won’t find crazy events like this anywhere else.
The Appleby Horse Fair.
30. Or, if we’re feeling particularly energetic, this:
36. And Kendal itself is pretty damn great too.
40. In short, it’s one of the most sublimely beautiful places on Earth.
41. And there really isn’t anywhere else quite like it.
42. Just look at this. Why would you ever want to leave?
“The hills are eternal. Always there will be the lonely ridge, the dancing beck, the silent forest; always there will be the exhilaration of the summits. These are for the seeking.” ― Alfred Wainwright, The Western Fells.