1. “I always think there’s something rather foreign about high spirits at breakfast.”
3. “I have no time for training young hobbledehoys.”
4. “Oh heavens girl. You’re building a fire, not inventing it.”
5. “I would rather be put to death than run a tea shop.”
7. “At my age, one must ration one’s excitement.”
9. “I love you…hard as it is for an Englishman to say those words.”
10. “I want the pleasure of saying ‘I told you so’.”
11. “One can’t go to pieces at the death of every foreigner. We’d be in a constant state of collapse.”
13. “No Englishman would ever dream of dying in another person’s house.”
14. “Don’t be defeatist, dear. It’s very middle class.”
17. “No fortune? He’s lucky not to be playing the violin in Leicester Square.”
18. “Marriage is a long business. There’s no getting out of it for our kind of people.”
19. “The truth is neither here nor there. It’s the look of the thing that matters.”
20. “If you’re turning American on me I’ll go downstairs.”
- Mike Pence says the next attorney general will decide whether federal charges against Michael Slager, who shot an unarmed black man, will remain.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The Supreme Court threw out a $399 million judgment against Samsung over the iPhone's design.
- Grammy nominations are out. Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶