3. Your Amazon book wishlist is staggering.
I want the obscure poetry, the entire dystopian section and all the literary biographies. Let’s throw in a fantasy too, for good measure.
13. You dream of someday writing in some New York apartment with brick walls and plenty of sunshine.
A minimalist desk for your writing to take place, occasionally littered with beautiful books and new pens, while classical music plays and birds chirp and your editor is on the line to congratulate you on your “making-it-ness.” Which you will have coined as a term by that point, in your very popular articles/books. Obviously.
14. Your opus stays locked away for years, until you’re ready to reread- and subsequently burn- its trite pages.
“That’s the wonderful thing about man; he never gets so discouraged or disgusted that he gives up doing it all over again, because he knows very well it is important and WORTH the doing.”
― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
16. You read and reread your favorite authors, hoping they’ll rub off on you in a non-obvious way.
And that when we’re all dead and chilling up in literary heaven they’ll be like “yo, I see what you did there,” and we’ll all laugh and share a smoke (because tobacco is cool in literary heaven.)
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷