We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Peripera Ink Velvet Lip Tint will be easier than ever for you to integrate into your day-to-day makeup routine — it creates a long-lasting, weightless, buildable lip color you won't ever tire of.
BuzzFeed writer Nusrat Sultana is a big fan! She said:
"I have this in several colors and always love how it colors my lips and lasts all day without me having to reapply because of the stain effect. You don't need to worry if the color is there. If your lips feel dry, just rub some lip balm over them — the color stays! You can also build up the color for intensity or swipe it once and blot for a natural-looking gradient stain."
Promising review: "I've been looking for a good, long-lasting tint for a while now and have been disappointed nearly every single time. Most of the products would fade or go on really unevenly, causing me to have to reapply multiple times. Not these! These stay on through both food and drink (I've tested them with sandwiches, soup, soft drinks, water bottles, etc.) AND smooth over any dry areas on your lips to make them look really soft and not chapped at all. The applicator also makes it really easy to get the product exactly where you want it. I have long days from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and I usually only reapply once or twice — and even then, it's only necessary when I've been doing some hardcore stress eating. I've finally found my holy grail lip tint!" —Wendy K.
2. Stila's Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, a must-have for anyone who would appreciate a little glitz 'n' glam any day of the week. This eye shadow is shimmery, fabulous, and simple to apply.
Promising review: "I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS STUFF. GREAT glitter payout with little to no fallout if you do it correctly (apply it after the rest of your eyeshadow), and you don't have to worry about the mess of glitter glue and messy loose glitter. I have accidentally slept in this overnight, twice, and was able to rock the glitter eyeshadow to work the next day with no touchups. And I didn't even use an eyeshadow primer either time, although I did use setting spray. Give this a go if you are looking for sparkly eyeshadow." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $24 (available in 10 shades).
3. Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Liquid Foundation can help you revamp your makeup routine with minimal effort — it'll provide total coverage without feeling caked on (which is foundation #goals). It'll melt into your skin and prevent unwanted shine forevermore.
4. Wet N' Wild Mega Last Breakup-Proof Liquid Eyeliner, AKA your soon-to-be go-to eyeliner. It will last up to 16 hours (I KNOW!) and features an ultra-fine brush tip so you can *finally* conquer that cat-eye.
Promising review: "I love this! The tip has a pretty fine point to it, allowing for thick or thin line control and it is SO smudge-proof! I work with animals and end up getting water sprayed in my face often and it doesn’t move! If I take a nap with it on? Still solid when I wake up. Rub my eyes way more than I should? No raccoon eyes! But when I want it gone it comes right off when washing my face or using a remover wipe! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good, budge-proof eyeliner that won’t take 50 years and a bottle of oil to get off." –Logan
Get it from Amazon for $4.98.
5. Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint you can count on to leave you with an A+ lip without that yucky, crusted, dried-out feeling that often comes with a matte formula.
BuzzFeed editor Kayla Boyd loves this lipstick:
"One of my biggest problems with liquid lipstick if that a lot of them will flake and peel. This Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint does not! It dries super fast and then you can barely feel it on your lips at all. It can be a tad dry so I just like to make sure my lips are moisturized before I apply it. It stays on all day long and I'm obsessed with the neutral shades 'Exposed' and 'Festival.' They both have a pinkish tint and make great everyday lip colors."
Get it from Tarte for $18 (available in 25 shades)
6. ColourPop Lizzie McGuire-inspired makeup palette that'll, quite literally, pay tribute to what your high school beauty dreams were made of — only to bring 'em right into your current makeup routine. Whether you always wanted to be Lizzie, Miranda, or (dare I say???) Kate...you'll be able to create a fun look with these colors.
Promising review: "I LOVE THIS!! It DEFINITELY sums up what middle school/high school Lizzie would have worn. I had a Lizzie M. bed covers set and it was literally all these colors and the curtains were the green and pink. So cute. Great pigmentation. 10/10. CP killed this." —Shelbie
Get it from ColourPop for $22.
7. Maybelline's Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Pencil, super easy to use (hello, fellow makeup newbies!) and will help you finally reach your eyebrow goals. Your brows will look fuller, softer, and fantastic in no-time.
The tool comes with two ends, one a small eyebrow brush and the other a specially edged eyebrow pencil.
Promising review: "I saw this product being touted on television and decided to try it. I had been using a $24 eyebrow pencil and simply could not find an even replacement until I ordered Maybelline’s Total Temptation Eyebrow Pencil! My eyebrows have thinned over the years and it’s been difficult finding a reasonably priced pencil that fits the bill. This pencil is very easy to use, looks very natural and stays on until I wash my face at night. I absolutely love this product and I’m saving money! Double win!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four shades).
8. Supergoop Sunscreen Primer will help hold your makeup in place in addition to prepping your skin with SPF 40 (which is SUPER important, BTW). It'll *also* protect your skin from your laptop and phone's blue light and is transparent so no need to ask your roomie "did I rub it all in?" each time you apply it.
This formula includes meadowfoam seed for hydration and frankincense for soothing. It offers shine control, works with all skin types, and targets concerns like dullness and uneven texture. The lightweight, scentless, and invisible texture makes it perfect as a daily primer! It's also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. I personally have been using this sunscreen this summer and it's fantastic. It feels like a primer when it's being applied — which I love! It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and I haven't gotten burnt once while wearing it.
Promising review: "I was hesitant to purchase this because of how expensive it is but it was totally worth it! I usually have issues with sunscreens and moisturizers making my other skincare products peel but this sunscreen is perfect! I experienced no peeling and no white cast like you would with mineral sunscreens. The texture feels like a foundation primer and doesn’t look or feel greasy. Highly recommend and definitely worth it." —Fran
Get it from Amazon for $34 (available in two sizes).
9. NYX Concealer Color Correcting Palette, a great addition to your makeup bag because it'll help you figure out how to banish dark circles and reduce redness once and for all!
The palette features six shades which are light and medium (to camouflage spots that aren't too dark), yellow and peach (to conceal dullness and dark circles), green (to cover redness), and purple and pink (to brighten). The concealers have a creamy, hydrating formula. Apply the color that will conceal the spot that you want to cover and then put your foundation on top of it as usual.
Promising review: "I've always used concealers that match the color foundation I use. I decided to try the different color concealers and I'll stick with these. They cover the dark circles and redness with perfection." —Debbie
Get it from Amazon for $8.64+ (also available in four versions).
10. Dermablend Intense Powder Camo Mattifying Foundation for anyone who is a bit too intimidated by liquid foundation (I know I am, it can get out of hand SO fast and then I'm just covered...in a bad way) but still wants a product that's long-lasting and will provide full coverage. This powder is THE answer!
Promising review: "I love this product and I'm not one to wear much makeup at all. It looks and feels very natural and gives me a smooth and polished look without feeling caked on or heavy. I live in New Orleans and it gets HOT and HUMID down here. I can still wear this without feeling sticky and gross at the end of the day." —Fix-It With Fran
Get it from Amazon for $25.50+ (available in seven shades).
11. Clove + Hallow Hydratint will help you create the illusion that you're always playfully blushing at all times 😉. It's fantastic because it's a serum, so it's way easier to blend/build than a powdered option.
Clove + Hallow is a woman-owned small business based in Atlanta that was created to provide high-quality, vegan products all with 15 clean ingredients or fewer.
BuzzFeed editor Kayla Suazo says: "I loooooove this stuff. It's like this magical formula that seamlessly blends in with my skin, leaving me with a flushed look that’s the perfect amount of noticeable — not too bold, not too bright. I’ve never been one for blush or playing around with colors, so I love that this is incredibly buildable while still being natural looking. It keeps my skin hydrated, which I am forever thankful for as my cheeks tend to get dry during colder months. But it also looks amazing when used with a setting powder on humid days. And because it’s a lightweight serum, it’s incredibly easy to blend with other colors in the Hydratint line. Lastly, it’s in the cutest bottle and ya really can’t top an adorable product that gives stellar results."
Get it from Clove + Hallow for $11.40 (available in four shades).
12. Kaja Roll-On Highlighting Balm complete with a fun roller brush that'll blend the highlighter into your skin *way* better than your grubby little fingers would. Get ready to get your glow on!
Promising review: "A must-have!!!! This goes on super smooth, nice, and even. You just take the roller that’s included and then roll it where are you want your face highlighted. It stays put, no flaking or caking. I recommend this product and all products by this brand. Their eyeshadows are fabulous too." —mom2jav
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.
13. Etude House mineral powder, a must-have for anyone with oily skin — after applying this magical powder you won't feel the need to blot your forehead throughout the day or check to ensure your carefully applied makeup is in place.
Promising review: "I have SUPER oily skin. I have tried many, many things from diet changes to new skincare regimens, and am consistently left with skin that still feels quite greasy by the end of the day. I absolutely LOVE this powder. It is lightweight, super sheer, and works very well at keeping a matte appearance on my face. I generally only need to reapply once, halfway through the day, after a quick refresher with a wipe. I haven't noticed it causing any breakouts (unlike some other powders I've tried before), and it doesn't leave an ashy look to my complexion, even when I accidentally over powder an area. I am going to order some more!" —Dawn
Get it from Amazon for $5.93.
14. Elizabeth Mott waterproof eyeshadow primer to keep your beautifully blended eyeshadow in place — you'll be thanking me for this one later, trust me.
Promising review: "So let me start by saying I have used nearly every eyeshadow primer available. From high end to low...they don't hold a candle to Thank Me Later. I have very oily skin. Using this primer, shadow lasts a full eight hours or more. I could get maybe five or six out of the other brands if I was lucky. I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag, and I had to buy the full-size product straight away! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Thank you, Elizabeth Mott, for finally making a primer that lasts! I love this stuff!" —Melissa Mae
Get it from Amazon for $13.48.
15. NYX matte finish setting spray that'll make sure the hour you spent perfectly applying primer, concealer, and highlighter doesn't go to waste.
This spray has a matte formula, meaning it won't turn your makeup into a greasy or oily mess.
Promising review: "This spray is everything! Like, oh my gosh. I notice the difference if I forget to spray this on. I've walked through the humid city of New Orleans in the middle of July and my makeup stayed on from the time I got to work and was mostly still there by the time I got home, which was nine hours later. I can't rave enough about this, and I'm very picky when it comes to makeup." —missyj95
Get it from Amazon for $8.47+.
16. Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Super Setter spray you can use to both secure your makeup *and* help blur your pores for up to 16 hours.
Promising review: "I have used multiple setting sprays in the past but this one is by far the best. The spray is not sticky and the mist is very fine and feels greats on my face. I would 10/10 recommend to anyone looking for a new setting spray and anyone who wants their makeup to last all day — even under a mask!" —KCris406
Get it from Sephora for $32.
17. A set of five Kulfi Beauty highly-pigmented eyeliners featuring an ultra-creamy formula (I see you aloe vera extract and vitamin E) that'll stay in place for the entire eye. Anyone feel like applying a cat-eye right about meow?
Kulfi Beauty, named after a type of South Asian ice cream, is a South Asian-owned business that makes products that celebrate and empower the diverse needs of their communities.
Promising review: "These are just what I have searched a decade for. I've never had an eyeliner go on so smooth or effortlessly before. The color stays vibrant all day, not sinking into my skin or transferring elsewhere. I am in love with this product." —Andrea J
Get them from Kulfi Beauty for $85.
18. Essence Lash Princess mascara might just leave people wondering if you recently got eyelash extensions (which it feels like everyone and anyone has been raving about). Joke's on them!
My fellow editor Emma Lord is a BIG fan of this mascara. She said:
"Hello, that is my face above, because I bought into the hype of over 35,000 positive reviews and now I will never look back!! Putting it on is like giving my eyelashes butterfly wings. It doesn't get clumpy, it stays put ALL the live long day (I spent all of this ridiculously hot pandemic summer wearing it, so I can speak to that), and you can apply it on very lightly if you don't want it to look so dramatic, or continue applying for longer lashes each time."
Promising review: "I have to be honest, for a 'cheap' three-pack mascara, I did NOT have high expectations. These, however, exceeded my expectations and went MUCH MUCH farther. I had been buying a certain $25/tube brand (rhymes with truepique) and I like these just as much!! I’m saving a TON of money and like my lashes just as much." —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
19. Ownest Cosmetics eyebrow soap, a must-have for anyone (like myself) with unruly brows that seem to have a mind of their own. This will add the texture and thickness you've been looking for.
Promising review: "I have the kind of eyebrows that look very full with brushing, but can quickly look like one has 'collapsed' once my hair or something else touches it. I’ve used nearly every product from Anastasia BH, but never had luck keeping my brows in place. Well, let me tell you, this stuff is no joke. I had to scrub my eyebrows clean tonight to get them to move. If you need some help holding your fluff, this will be your new favorite product. Also, I was able to ditch the eyebrow pencil since this this stuff holds every hair in the place you brush it." —Bailey M. Deacon
Get a set of two from Amazon for $7.99.
20. Lovoir winged eyeliner stamp if you obsess over makeup tutorials but haven't been able to nail liquid eyeliner just yet.
Promising review: "Let me start by saying this isn't my first cat-eye rodeo. I've tried the taping method, normal liquid liner, plastic winged stamping devices, stencils, all of it! Well, this gem arrived and I immediately had to try it out, all while laughing at how terrible this would probably turn out...but to my surprise I put the left cat-eye on first and it was perfect. I thought this was a fluke and did the right eye...again, it came out clean and perfect! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN ABLE TO DO A CAT-EYE IN UNDER 10 MINUTES, LET ALONE THE TWO MINUTES THIS TOOK TO DO! There were no sloppy streaks that I had to touch up or anything you would expect. Just a clean crisp line. I can now do a cat-eye EVERY day and look/feel like a badass. Everyone can think I spend hours doing my makeup in the morning." —LadyMeow
Get a set of two from Amazon for $11.87 (available in two sizes and colors)
22. KKW Beauty color corrector, concealer, baking powder, and brightening powder that'll work together like the dream team you didn't know you needed — it'll cover up your dark under eye circles and replace it with a bright, lively, fresh look.
I've been using these four products together for the last two months and am so ridiculously impressed it's not even funny. I'm not the most seasoned professional when it comes to applying makeup, but I was able to follow along with a YouTube tutorial without an issue and nail the look on my first try! I wore it for the first time to a wedding in very rainy weather and it perfectly stayed in place. All of my friends commented on how glow-y I looked and asked what new products I used. I'm a big fan! Since KKW Beauty is currently undergoing a re-brand (exciting!) you can score all the products for 30% off! Side-note, the fun lip color I have on in the photo above is from Kylie Cosmetics — it didn’t budge!
Get them from KKW Beauty: Color Corrector for $20 (available in 4 shades) Conceal for $20 (available in 20 shades), Baking Powder for $18 (available in 4 shades), Brightening Powder for $18 (available in 4 shades).