23 Reasons "Bratz: The Movie" Was A Feminist Masterpiece
"We got that bratitude, it's not an attitude."
1. Bratz: The Movie is super diverse.
2. All of the girls are written as complex characters and are not one dimensional.
3. Jade is a self declared maths nerd and she also happens to be queen of all things fashion.
4. When her scientific abilities are called into question and she's asked "are you in the right room?" she show's them what's what.
5. And the movie focuses on the importance of friendship and doesn't pit the girls against each other.
6. Even after Meredith is mean to them, they ask her if she's okay.
Because in a mans world, women have to look out for eachother.
7. The opening credits use pink comic sans.
8. The Bratz Movie definitely passes the Bechdel test.
9. And the film is really a commentary on surveillance culture, which the Bratz take down.
10. Sasha teaches her dad how to use a toaster.
Because men are useless and would die without women.
11. Her confidence level is honestly everything.
12. And the girls practically invented reclaiming a slur.
13. The movie emphasises that women can do anything. From white collar jobs...
14. To women who work in "traditionally female" roles, like Cloe's mum, who is not looked down upon.
She's proclaimed to be a hero for being single working mother.
15. Meredith is a feminist icon who inspires young girls everywhere to have self esteem.
16. And her sister is equally powerful.
17. The Bratz grow as characters and learn to leave old misconceptions behind.
Yasmin starts off kind of ignorant to Cameron's disabilities but overcomes this over the course of the film.
18. Yasmin also overcomes her anxiety and ends up wowing the whole school with her voice.
Who needs therapy when you've got the Bratz?
19. Of course, there's a classic shopping montage.
20. The end goal is for Cloe to get a scholarship because the Bratz love knowledge.
21. They inspire everyone to come out and tell their secrets and own what they love.
Then the rest of the school smashes cliquey stereotypes