1. The Hale Telescope at the Palomar Observatory in San Diego, Calif.
3. The Aurora Borealis
The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is one of the largest in the world. Its main tank, the Kuroshio Sea, has almost two million gallons of water and houses many different sea creatures, including whale sharks.
*Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly listed Osaka as the location of this aquarium.
The Science of Storms exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago reveals the science behind seven natural phenomena — lightning, fire, tornados, avalanches, tsunamis, sunlight and atoms in motion. The exhibit also contains more than 50 interactive experiments.
The Cabinet War Rooms are in an underground bunker that served as the British government command center during World War II. Located under the Whitehall area of Westminster, these secret rooms house incredible technology used during the war, including a code-scrambling, transatlantic telephone used for correspondence between Winston Churchill and the Pentagon.
*Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly listed Westminster Abbey as the location of the Cabinet War Rooms.
The City of Arts and Sciences is a huge, beautiful complex composed of five main elements: the Hemisfèric (IMAX cinema and digital projections), the Umbracle (a landscaped vantage point and car park), the Príncipe Felipe Science Museum (an innovative centre of interactive science), the Oceanográfico (the largest aquarium in Europe with over 500 marine species) and the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía (which takes care of the operatic programme). The Agora gives the complex a multifunctional space.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃