1. Mac OS X “Lion”
The new version of Mac OS X will incorporate many more elements from iOS, like touch gestures. It’s also only $30, and available through the Mac App Store.
2. More efficient iOS notifications
Instead of managing multiple pop-up bubbles, notifications will align themselves at the top of the screen.
3. System-wide integration of Twitter
Each app will now allow you to easily tweet out photos, YouTube videos, and links.
4. Location-aware reminders
These reminders can be set so that if you go to a specific location you need something from, iOS will notify you so that you don’t forget.
Like Research in Motion’s BBM service, iMessage is an iOS-to-iOS messaging program that avoids text charges and caps.
6. Wireless syncing
Calling this the “post-PC” era, iOS users will now be able to simply login with their Apple IDs and sync all their devices.
7. Volume button = camera button
For faster access, the left-side volume buttons can now open up the camera as well.
The biggest announcement was “iCloud,” which will give every iOS user a free 5GB of storage, and allow you to store documents, photos, music, calendars, contacts, and emails online.
9. Instant-access iTunes purchases
Now you’ll be able to buy a song on iTunes and immediately transfer it to your iOS device.
10. iTunes “scan and match”
For $25 a year, Apple will scan all your music files—regardless of their source—and convert them so that they can all be accessed through the cloud.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.