1. Qattara Depression, West of Cairo, Egypt
The largest natural sinkhole in the world, measuring 50 miles long by 75 miles wide.
2. Berezniki, Russia
The Berezniki sinkhole first appeared in 1986 and grows every year. Currently, it’s more than 200m (650ft) deep, 80m (260ft) long, and 40m (130ft) wide.
3. Guatemala City (2007)
100m (330ft) deep.
4. Guatemala City (2010)
18m (60ft) wide, 60m (200ft) deep.
400ft deep, 40ft by 60ft opening.
6. Sarisarinama Sinkholes, Venezuela
There’s several, individual sinkholes, each over 350m (1148ft) in diameter and 350m deep.
7. Bimmah, Oman
This large sinkhole is now a swimming destination.
8. Agrico Gypsum Stack, Florida
This 15-story deep sinkhole appeared under 80 million tons of gypsum stack toxic waste and caused several million dollars in cleanup costs.
9. Macungie Sinkhole, Pennsylvania
75ft wide by 35ft deep, emerged in a suburban neighborhood with aging water pipelines.
10. Daisetta Sinkhole, Texas
600ft wide by 200ft deep, also in a suburban neighborhood.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.