1. Qattara Depression, West of Cairo, Egypt
The largest natural sinkhole in the world, measuring 50 miles long by 75 miles wide.
2. Berezniki, Russia
The Berezniki sinkhole first appeared in 1986 and grows every year. Currently, it’s more than 200m (650ft) deep, 80m (260ft) long, and 40m (130ft) wide.
3. Guatemala City (2007)
100m (330ft) deep.
4. Guatemala City (2010)
18m (60ft) wide, 60m (200ft) deep.
400ft deep, 40ft by 60ft opening.
6. Sarisarinama Sinkholes, Venezuela
There’s several, individual sinkholes, each over 350m (1148ft) in diameter and 350m deep.
7. Bimmah, Oman
This large sinkhole is now a swimming destination.
8. Agrico Gypsum Stack, Florida
This 15-story deep sinkhole appeared under 80 million tons of gypsum stack toxic waste and caused several million dollars in cleanup costs.
9. Macungie Sinkhole, Pennsylvania
75ft wide by 35ft deep, emerged in a suburban neighborhood with aging water pipelines.
10. Daisetta Sinkhole, Texas
600ft wide by 200ft deep, also in a suburban neighborhood.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into the nation's capital for the Women's March on Washington 👭 💖
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.