19 Banned Books That Actually Changed Your Life
"I can honestly say that reading it for the first time saved my life."
1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Submitted by Katherine Hemminger, Facebook.
4. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Submitted by Sara Hammond, Facebook.
6. The Giver by Lois Lowry
Submitted by Sophie Reynolds, Facebook.
8. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Submitted by Jocelyn Schartiger, Facebook.
14. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Submitted by Leslie Danielle Wyatt, Facebook.
18. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Submitted by Dóa Dagný Böðvarsdóttir, Facebook.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.