1. Relax your face.
2. View each individual item in turn.
3. Think about your face. Is anything happening there?
4. If, AT ANY POINT, the corners of your mouth begin to turn upwards (towards the sky), your smile still works. Phew.
OK, let’s do this thing!
4. OK, please take a second to watch this video of a baby laughing at a dog eating popcorn. How would you rate your smile response on a scale of “Smirk” to “Grin”?
9. Really great work so far. Thanks for sticking with us. Now please clear your mind, and take a quick moment to share this man’s reaction to receiving tickets to the championship game as a gift from his son.
14. OK, back to work now. We’re halfway there - just a few more questions. First: How big is the whale?
That is correct. The whale is as big as your heart. Metaphorically speaking. Don’t think about it too hard. Let’s move along with a few short, animated images.
18. Excellent work. Now please watch this very brief surprise for Granddad. It’s a good one. It’s worth watching. And it is very important for this test.
If your smile does not appear to be working yet, don’t panic! Place your fingers on either side of your mouth and slooooowly pull upwards in the direction of your ears as you observe the following images.
24. Phew, we’re on the homestretch now. Just like this running duck. Watch this running duck. It will do you good.
27. We really actually are almost done now. Does your smile still work? Are dogs really a man’s best friend? These are questions only you can answer for yourself.
30. We’re done! Let’s celebrate with the happiest video of all time.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of blatant racism while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.