1. Getting an Idea
Oh my god, I have the most brilliant idea for a novel! This is going to be the greatest thing EVER!
2. Letting the Idea Percolate
I’ll just think about it for a while…
3. Procrastinating from Actually Doing Any Writing
4. Deciding Your Don’t Need an Outline
I’ve got it alllll up here. (Taps to brain.)
5. Day-Dreaming About the Celebrities Who Will Play Your Characters in the Movie Version
6. (10 Pages Written) Going Back and Rewriting the First Sentence for the Seventeenth Time
7. (50 Pages Written) Deciding You Should Probably Make an Outline After All
8. (100 Pages Written) Starting to Get Confused
I’m not so sure about this anymore…
9. (150 Pages Written) Trying to Explain Your Novel to Your Friend/Agent…and Failing
10. (250 Pages Written) Starting to Hate Your Novel
11. (300 Pages Written) Really Hating Your Novel
12. (325 Pages Written) Forcing Yourself to Finish the Wretched Thing
Come on, keep going…. Just a little further…
13. Finishing the Novel!
14. Realizing You Now Need to Revise
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."