1. Getting an Idea
2. Letting the Idea Percolate
3. Procrastinating from Actually Doing Any Writing
4. Deciding Your Don't Need an Outline
5. Day-Dreaming About the Celebrities Who Will Play Your Characters in the Movie Version
6. (10 Pages Written) Going Back and Rewriting the First Sentence for the Seventeenth Time
7. (50 Pages Written) Deciding You Should Probably Make an Outline After All
8. (100 Pages Written) Starting to Get Confused
9. (150 Pages Written) Trying to Explain Your Novel to Your Friend/Agent...and Failing
10. (250 Pages Written) Starting to Hate Your Novel
11. (300 Pages Written) Really Hating Your Novel
12. (325 Pages Written) Forcing Yourself to Finish the Wretched Thing
13. Finishing the Novel!
14. Realizing You Now Need to Revise
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!