1. Do you make any money doing that?
Of course not. Why are you reminding me?
2. When does your book come out?
Maybe never? I haven’t even found an agent yet!
3. Oh, I have a great story for you…
You could write it yourself…but no, now you’re going to tell me about it.
4. You should write about me!
Will do, Old Sport, will do.
5. Cool. You know, J.K. Rowling is a millionaire.
Yes, I know! But I’m not exactly there yet.
6. What’s your novel about?
It’s um… Well, it makes sense in my head.
7. You have your MFA? What’s that do?
A Master of Fine Arts. It helped teach me to write and drained all my savings and…never mind.
8. Have you ever considered being a journalist?
No…That’s not the type of writing I do, OK?
9. But what’s your real job?
WRITING IS A REAL JOB!
10. Really? Nobody reads books anymore.
NOOOOO! Don’t tell me that!!
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱