1. Do you make any money doing that?
Of course not. Why are you reminding me?
2. When does your book come out?
Maybe never? I haven’t even found an agent yet!
3. Oh, I have a great story for you…
You could write it yourself…but no, now you’re going to tell me about it.
4. You should write about me!
Will do, Old Sport, will do.
5. Cool. You know, J.K. Rowling is a millionaire.
Yes, I know! But I’m not exactly there yet.
6. What’s your novel about?
It’s um… Well, it makes sense in my head.
7. You have your MFA? What’s that do?
A Master of Fine Arts. It helped teach me to write and drained all my savings and…never mind.
8. Have you ever considered being a journalist?
No…That’s not the type of writing I do, OK?
9. But what’s your real job?
WRITING IS A REAL JOB!
10. Really? Nobody reads books anymore.
NOOOOO! Don’t tell me that!!
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- The Oakland warehouse where 36 people were killed last week may have never been subject to a fire inspection — a yearly requirement.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌