This story makes me somewhat angry. The total cost she charged the taxpayers for all three trips was under $7000 I get esp as Americans we have a different idea about things like this because Michael Grimm was charged with 20 counts of fraud last year, and literally earlier this week Congressman Chaka Fattah was accused of misappropriating 100’s of thousands of dollars. This is such a non story the linked article quotes the treasurer as not really worried enough about either travel expense to say he’d take her at her word if she said they were legit MP travel expenses. There used to be an old joke that if you talked about work business for 15 minutes while at a football game it was now legally a business meeting. Is what she did a moral grey area? I guess so. Should she resign as speaker because she tacked on some quickie meetings to a few personal trips? Probably not.
Response to Which Graphic Novel Affected You The Most?:
It’s been a while since I read it but it still has to be Strangers in Paradise for me. That may or may not be cheating since it started out as a monthly title. I rememeber being introduced to it when it first came out and loving the Inkwork. Terry Moore was a very talented artist as well as being an amazing storyteller. However it took me till the series was finishing it’s last 7 issues to actually pick up the trade paperbacks and read it. It’s such a powerful story. I remember the first time I read the story beginning to end I was about 23. Moore does an amazing job of telling a story about 2 people that love each other but for various reasons are unable to be together, alot of the time the series is cloaked in high drama more akin to bond then a romance story, however there’s something about it. The characters seem extremely genuine and well rounded. Now I know part of that is my love for the series. The strongest thing about it was what it made me realize about myself emotionally as a person. It feels weird to say that about a comic but there it is. It really is an amazing story. Funny, Incredibly sad, and pure happiness, it is all the things real life is. Maybe that’s another part, even though it involves secret government cabals and world controlling power brokers it feels realer then alot of slice of life books. The highest praise I can give it is that it feels like a complete story someone tells you about their life if you met them at a party. They start the story on page one and then 7 hours later you’re both skipping rocks into the Hudson River as the sun comes up and they finish the tale telling you how they ended up at the party and you feel for the first time in your life like you really understand someone and that every person on this earth is living their life and has their own sets of desires and needs.
There’s a joke about feeling like this whole article is a microaggression against men or something I don’t know
The worst part about this article is we’re now talking about how this article is probably bad for various reasons, instead of appreciating some of the best DGAF and so done with this shit expressions seen on TV
- Erkthebrave "This Mother Shared Her Wish Five Year..."
- Erkthebrave "21 Things You Know Only If You've Bee..."
- Erkthebrave "27 Things You Probably Never Noticed ..."
- Erkthebrave "Jussie Smollett Of "Empire" Comes Out..."
- Erkthebrave "This Might Be The Most Satisfying Bla..."
- Erkthebrave "Read The Heartwarming Letter J.K. Row..."
- Erkthebrave "Israel Approves $46 Million Plan To A..."
- Erkthebrave "29 Struggles Everyone With A Short At..."
- Erkthebrave "How Much Of A Neckbeard Are You, Really?"
- Erkthebrave "That Hipster's Crowdfunding Project F..."
- Erkthebrave "14 Things I've Learned Since I Starte..."
- Erkthebrave "There's A New US Drama About The Roya..."
- Erkthebrave "Charlie Hebdo Editor Blasts U.S. Outl..."
- Erkthebrave "27 Wonderful Obscure Albums From The ..."
- Erkthebrave "32 Books That Will Actually Change Yo..."
Response to 42 Web Comics You Need To Read:
I’m surprised Virus Comix Subnormality isn’t on this list
- Erkthebrave "42 Web Comics You Need To Read"
- Erkthebrave "10 Ordinary Things That Will Always C..."
- Erkthebrave "30 Charts You Didn't Know You Needed"