2. When Van Pelt goes to fetch a new rifle, the Mexican national anthem is playing in the background.
Fun fact: When the film played in Mexico, that track was wisely removed.
7. This movie messed up with the math, just a bit.
Remember that scene where Judy, Sarah, Alan, and Peter are playing Jumanji in the attic? And Judy says she can win if she rolls a twelve, but then fails when she rolls a three. And on her next roll, Alan tells Judy she can win if she rolls a seven?
Turns out she’d really need a nine, because twelve minus three is definitely not seven. Whoops!
9. “Jumanji” was supposed to be the next big thing in CGI development and had an estimated budget of fifty million.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰