2. Download the Look Birdy app if you’re frequently Instagramming kids or pets.
Choose from different chirping noises to go off when you’re about to take a photo and say hello to getting your little subjects attention (for maybe the first time)! Get it here.
4. Use the grid feature to help compose your shots.
On your iPhone, go to Settings, select Photos & Camera, and slide the Grid feature on. Then start practicing the Rule of Thirds.
6. Adjust the photo brightness before playing with filters.
It’s the easiest way to improve the photo without drastically changing it. Some bloggers solely rely on the brightness and saturation tools for editing their Instagrams.
7. Stop using the front-facing camera for selfies.
It’s convenient, yes, but the rear-facing camera (the one on the back of your phone) takes pictures at a way higher resolution. Bye-bye, grainy images.
8. Utilize your earbuds for more than just music.
Plug them in, open the camera app, and press the “up” volume button to snap pics. It’s a great tool if you’re using a tripod too.
10. If you’re ‘gramming food frequently, consider the FoodShareFilter app.
For just $1 to download, you’re supporting the fight against world hunger. Get it here.
11. If the lighting can’t easily be fixed, try black and white.
Sports Illustrated photographer Brad Mangin suggests converting a picture to black and white in low-light situations.
18. Stand on a chair to take foodie ‘grams.
You can fit more of those amazing brunch plates in the shot and rest assured your photos won’t come out like these.
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳