1. Kobe seriously pursued a rap career, which culminated with a single appropriately titled “K.O.B.E.”
And yes, that’s Tyra Banks singing the hook.
2. He speaks fluent Italian.
As well as conversational French and Serbian.
3. It’s well known that he was the first guard in NBA history to be drafted straight out of high school, but he was first drafted to the Hornets, not the Lakers.
His agent simply said Kobe playing for Charlotte would be “an impossibility,” and Kobe’s been an L.A. man ever since.
8. Despite wearing jersey numbers 24 and 33 in high school, Kobe chose 8 when he entered the pros for a number of personal reasons.
First, it was his number while living in Italy. Second, it is the sum of all the numbers he wore while in Adidas ABCD Camp. And third, 24 was taken and 33 was retired by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
10. He sometimes passes the ball to himself and believes it should count as an assist as well as a basket.
It doesn’t not make sense…
11. He considers himself a normal guy, just like you and me! (lol).
With the small exception that he is the youngest player to score 30,000 points, youngest winner of the slam dunk contest, youngest starting All-Star, five-time NBA champion, four-time MVP, seasoned Olympian, etc. etc. etc.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂