1. Kobe seriously pursued a rap career, which culminated with a single appropriately titled “K.O.B.E.”
And yes, that’s Tyra Banks singing the hook.
2. He speaks fluent Italian.
As well as conversational French and Serbian.
3. It’s well known that he was the first guard in NBA history to be drafted straight out of high school, but he was first drafted to the Hornets, not the Lakers.
His agent simply said Kobe playing for Charlotte would be “an impossibility,” and Kobe’s been an L.A. man ever since.
8. Despite wearing jersey numbers 24 and 33 in high school, Kobe chose 8 when he entered the pros for a number of personal reasons.
First, it was his number while living in Italy. Second, it is the sum of all the numbers he wore while in Adidas ABCD Camp. And third, 24 was taken and 33 was retired by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
10. He sometimes passes the ball to himself and believes it should count as an assist as well as a basket.
It doesn’t not make sense…
11. He considers himself a normal guy, just like you and me! (lol).
With the small exception that he is the youngest player to score 30,000 points, youngest winner of the slam dunk contest, youngest starting All-Star, five-time NBA champion, four-time MVP, seasoned Olympian, etc. etc. etc.
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩