Last night Ariana Grande headlined her One Love Manchester benefit concert in tribute to those who died at her concert on 22 May.
The concert was incredibly powerful and went without a hitch. Afterwards, many, many people were full of praise for Ariana.
And rightly so – she's always been amazing. And here's exactly why.
1. Ariana is unafraid to be a complete boss. Which probably stood her in good stead to pull together an entire concert in less than a week.
2. And she's actually been standing up for what's right for a really long time.
3. She's never had any time for sexist double standards.
4. In fact, she schools men on the subject any chance she gets.
5. Like the time she was asked this question “If you could use makeup or your phone one last time, which one would you pick?” and she gave the following answer with a phenomenal eyeroll.
6. She is forever setting people straight on the definition of "feminism."
7. She reminds young girls that their worth is not defined by their appearance.
8. And tells them that they are enough.
9. She attended the Women's March with her grandmother. 😭
10. And shared the most perfect message of inclusivity.
11. She's also pledged to fight for equality for the rest of her life, with this amazing message.
Speaking about the double standards between the way male and female celebrities are perceived, she said:
If you’re going to rave about how sexy a male artist looks with his shirt off, and a woman decides to get in her panties or show her boobies for a photo shoot, she needs to be treated with the same awe and admiration. I will say it until I’m an old-ass lady with my tits out at Whole Foods. I’ll be in the produce aisle, naked at 95, with a sensible ponytail, one strand of hair left on my head and a Chanel bow. Mark my words. See you there with my 95 dogs.