1. 10News in San Diego obtained this amazing footage of senior management at the San Onofre nuclear power plant spoofing Star Trek during a “training video.”
2. The video, titled “SONGS Trek,” was shot three years ago inside the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) training simulator.
“SONGS Trek” featured the former and current station managers of the plant as Captain Kirk and the ship’s Commander.
3. When asked for comment, a spokesperson for the plant’s parent company, Southern California Edison, said “SONGS Trek” was shot in 2010 on an $800 budget for an employee recognition event.
4. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission reviewed the video and concluded that its production did not pose a safety hazard.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.