1. When motorcycles started the parade waving giant rainbow and American flags.
2. Whenever I saw people celebrating the Supreme Court decision striking down the Defense of Marriage Act.
3. When people cheered DOMA plaintiff Edie Windsor, who was one of the parade’s grand marshalls.
4. When this woman pointed out Edie Windsor to her daughters and said, “See that lady with the gray hair and the hat? She’s the reason why your moms can get married.”
5. Whenever I saw people thanking Edie Windsor.
6. When Edie Windsor said, “To everyone saying ‘Thank you,’ let me just say you’re welcome. Bless us all.”
7. When a bunch of men watching the parade started bowing down to Edie Windsor as she drove by…
She noticed them and got a huge smile on her face…
And started bowing back.
It was a joyous, spontaneous moment and I’m very happy that I got to witness it.
8. When Sen. Chuck Schumer declared, “I was the first senator to march in this parade, but I won’t be the last.”
9. When Gov. Andrew Cuomo started singing along to “Empire State of Mind” as he marched in front of the Stonewall Inn.
10. When New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner waved a pride flag and everyone started chanting, “Weiner! Weiner!”
(This is because I have the sense of humor of an 8 year-old.)
11. When New York City mayoral candidate Christine Quinn stopped marching every few minutes to give people on the sidelines hugs.
12. Each time I saw international organizations and men and women from around the world marching in the parade.
13. When the parade passed Gay Street.
14. Whenever I would spot groups of people watching from buildings that overlooked the parade route.
15. This sign did not make me smile.
But these fabulous Boy and Girl Scouts who marched with him did.
16. When I saw the amazing Golden Girls…
17. And this guy celebrating Bert and Ernie’s “wedding.”
18. Every time I saw someone who clearly radiated pride.
19. When I had no idea what this person was or what they were doing but still really appreciated their outfit.
20. Every time there was confetti or glitter.
21. When I noticed that a bunch of the Google employees who were marching were wearing Google Glass because, of course they were.
22. Whenever I saw people on a float who were clearly having a great time.
23. When I saw the Chipotle float’s rideable burrito.
24. Whenever I saw someone with particularly awesome face paint…
25. … Or great T-shirts.
26. When people at the parade completely schooled a protestor.
27. Whenever I saw matching couples.
28. Or just happy couples in general.
29. When I saw these adorable ladies.
30. When I saw this fabulous stormtrooper.
31. Each time I saw churches or religious organizations marching, like these Mormons for Equality.
32. Whenever I saw animals who were FULL of LGBT Pride.
33. But most of all, I smiled whenever I saw a happy family.
- A few weeks ago, he was Trump's national security adviser. Now Mike Flynn is seeking immunity for testifying on the Trump campaign's alleged ties to Russia.
- The White House refuses to deny a report saying Trump administration officials gave the House intelligence chairman classified information.
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina was partially repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal legislation still allows discrimination.
- SpaceX has launched and landed a recycled rocket for the first time. It's a big step towards making space flight cheaper ♻️🚀