1. A German documentary about Heath Ledger has revealed the diary that the actor used to help him as he prepared to play The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Reddit user u2aerofan discovered the video online and posted it to the Batman subreddit.
In a 2007 interview with Empire, Heath Ledger described how he prepared to play the iconic character and mentioned a diary that he used in the process:
It’s a combination of reading all the comic books I could that were relevant to the script and then just closing my eyes and meditating on it. I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices — it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath — someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown.
The Joker: You know. I don’t want there to be any hard feelings between us, Harvey. When you and, uh…
Harvey Dent: Rachel!
The Joker: Rachel were being abducted. I was sitting in Gordon’s cage. Now, I didn’t rig those charges.
Harvey Dent: Your men. Your plan.
The Joker: Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just… do things.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰