1. A German documentary about Heath Ledger has revealed the diary that the actor used to help him as he prepared to play The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Reddit user u2aerofan discovered the video online and posted it to the Batman subreddit.
In a 2007 interview with Empire, Heath Ledger described how he prepared to play the iconic character and mentioned a diary that he used in the process:
It’s a combination of reading all the comic books I could that were relevant to the script and then just closing my eyes and meditating on it. I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices — it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath — someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown.
The Joker: You know. I don’t want there to be any hard feelings between us, Harvey. When you and, uh…
Harvey Dent: Rachel!
The Joker: Rachel were being abducted. I was sitting in Gordon’s cage. Now, I didn’t rig those charges.
Harvey Dent: Your men. Your plan.
The Joker: Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just… do things.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏