2. The best police press release of all time:
Wednesday, 09 January 2013
Police wish to speak to Papa Smurf and three of his compatriots following an alleged assault which occurred in Pascoe Vale on 16 December last year.
Investigators have been told that a 37-year-old Pascoe Vale man attended a convenience store at the intersection of West and Pascoe streets around 1am to buy cigarettes.
When he left the store he was approached by a man dressed as a Smurf who asked for a cigarette.
The Pascoe Vale man offered the Smurf a cigarette but the Smurf demanded that the victim light the smoke before handing it over.
The man refused and noticed that the Smurf was in the company of three other Smurfs.
They appeared to be trying to jump start a white VS Commodore and had asked for assistance from a woman in the car park.
Investigators believe that the Pascoe Vale man was then assaulted.Police are yet to determine the exact circumstances surrounding the assault but believe that the Smurfs may be able to provide vital information in relation to the incident.
3. Surveillance video of the Smurfs inside the 7-11 before the alleged assault:
4. The Smurfs handed themselves in to police shortly after the press release was issued.
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 17:07
Police have arrested four men following an alleged assault by men dressed as Smurfs in Pascoe Vale on 16 December last year.
Four men handed themselves into police this afternoon and were subsequently arrested.
Two 19-year-old Broadmeadows men, a 19-year-old Greenvale man and an 18-year-old Jacana man have all been interviewed.
They are all expected to be charged on summons with assault related offences.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Dozens of children were killed after the Syrian government launched a major offensive in Aleppo over the weekend.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.