54 Things You’ll Wish You’d Bought Last Summer Because They’re That Good
A no-mess portable campfire, mosquito-repelling wipes safe for sensitive skin, and other gems that'll help you live your best summer self.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A mini sprinkler pool that'll help the fam cool off and get some water time without having to dump out a kiddie pool's worth of water once the fun has wrapped.
2. A lemon-eucalyptus spray I bought and wore while hiking in Greece two summers ago with NO bites! It really smells like lemon but that's a thing I can live with if it means I'm bite-free.
3. Or a pack of insect-repellent wipes that'll be easier to keep on you at all times than a bottle of liquid. Or will be even better when packing carry-on only for a trip.
4. A bug bite suction tool to help you out with existing bites to remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings. Think about all the scratching you could've saved yourself!
5. *Sheer* sculpting shorts to help smooth out things underneath your clothes in a more breathable manner than thick OG sculpting shorts.
6. Or a pair of stretchy bike shorts that'll become part of your WFH, working out, lounging, *and* just-about-anything-else rotation. You'll probably want to buy both colors from the jump.
7. And! Elastic-waist shorts in enough fun colors and patterns to keep you from repeating for a whole month.
8. A cooling towel you simply soak in water and wring out to bring some chill to that outdoor run... or just stroll! Just walking outside or doing some low-key gardening can make you sweat like a racehorse.
9. Avocado hot sauce to zhuzh up all your summer salads (and lots of other stuff) because eating at home is allll about the condiments.
10. An insulated soundproofing strip that'll stick on your door to help muffle your roommate's sounds as you clock lots of time together while working from home. OK this isn't revolutionary but it'll feel like it once you realize it would've improved your quality of life drastically if you bought it a year ago.
11. A coffee mug you could use for every last video call. If you had a dollar for every time you said "You're on mute" this past year, you could buy a vacation home.
12. A salt gun made for killing flies, but it'll *also* be an effective, fun way to pick off mosquitoes at your leisure. Welcome to your new hobby for when you're sitting on the porch.
13. Wondercide Spray you've seen on Shark Tank that'll serve as a naturally derived alternative to your pet's monthly treatments because fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes are horrible! Your pet doesn't need to speak human words to tell you that!
14. A three-pack of washable bra liners for those super sweaty days because it's pretty, pretty gross when you peel off a bra to only find it heavier with sweat. That's stop that little trend with this.
17. A camping hammock with a mosquito net to help you kick back, relax, and take in some nature BUT not *too* much nature, amiright? Here's to comfortably clocking in more leisure hours despite blood-sucking fiends.
18. A net for your patio umbrella as an ~extra layer~ so you can sit and survey your kingdom, even if mosquitoes have infested it. Let's get more use out of the deck!
19. A hair finishing cream on a mascara-like wand for helping slick back those baby hairs and flyaways before your next video conference call.
21. A sunshade triangle you can rig up over the patio or the kids' sandbox to block up to 95% of UV rays and keep things a bit cooler. Adding some shade will make that yard of yours easier to hang in this summer!
22. Sweat-wicking pajamas that don't look like sweat-wicking pajamas. All the better to look super pulled-together while becoming one with your couch.
23. Rapid-fill water balloons to cut down on prep time and get to the backyard fun so much faster. Ahem, water balloon fights are a WONDERFUL social-distancing activity, as the reviewer below found!
24. A wrap dress that'll make for a picturesque OOTD or let ya show lots of leg for whatever plans you have this summer.
25. A rechargeable handheld fan – it might just make you think about all those times you said "I wish I had a fan." Well now you will.
26. Eucalyptus mint shower steamers for an extra relaxing shower sesh. If you love the idea of a bath bomb but don't have that time, here's your solution.
27. Bottle Bright cleaning tablets to revive the look (and taste!) of the stainless-steel thermos you use every dang day (whether you're WFH or not) but aren't so great at washing like you should.
28. A Squatty Potty here for ALL seasons. If you don't already know what it does, it helps position your body in a way that'll feel more natural for your colon and, therefore, make going no. 2 easier. (More or less.)
29. A clear Glossier sunscreen that'll be great for your face *but* I like to use on my hair part where I always get burnt. Spray-on body sunscreen always makes my roots look like they're gray. And! Black reviewers say this stuff has no cast.
30. And a Think SPF 50 sunscreen built to stay put (even in water) for up to 80 minutes. TBH, having to reapply more frequently than that is a bummer. But so are sunburns so, uh, this stuff will def come in handy.
31. A lightning fast chiller to help get your coffee to a temp that won't make you sweat even more in merely *one minute* without watering it down like pesky, slow-working ice cubes!
32. A small electric ice cream maker that'll whip up some fro-yo with fruit and yogurt or transform smoothies into the consistency of ice cream. It's summer and we love cold things!
33. A silicone watermelon cutter to do the chore for you so you aren't stuck in the kitchen cutting up an enormous fruit while everyone else is having fun.
34. A DIY pinball machine kit as a nice distraction for when the weather isn't cooperating for outdoor summer break play.
35. An anti-dandruff conditioner that'll work for natural, pressed, and relaxed hair because itty bitty white flakes should NOT mess up your look once you've caught the perfect sunlight on the day where your eye makeup is so good that even the person at the drive-thru complimented you.
37. A mesh exfoliating towel with fans amongst my colleagues. It'll help prevent bacne and make scrubbing your back super easy. Just use it with your regular body wash.
38. Breathable cotton undies for those days when you just know you're gonna sweat but don't want swamp ass. (Soooo, most days?)
39. An anti-sweat bundle (including a deodorant, body powder, and anti-chafe stick) that'll keep you feeling dry, calm, and collected in the sweatiest of situations. Plus the packaging is so cute, you won't mind whipping it out of your bag while you're on the go!
40. Or a stick of slicker anti-chafing balm that'll keep your inner thighs and other parts ouchless when it's time to get physical, physical.
41. A designated beer bottle cooler begging to be (safely!) taken on all your outdoor adventures this year. This also makes bottle retrieval so much easier than a standard cooler.
42. A Charlotte Tilbury setting spray for a weightless finish to your look that'll make it stay intact, even if you're sweating up a storm. I've been using this stuff and I sweat A LOT, so yes it does what it says.
43. Or a budget-friendly setting powder in case sprays aren't your thing but you need something to keep the sweat off the beautiful masterpiece of your face.
44. A rechargeable massager with more than two hours of power to help you get through seemingly endless conference calls that could've been an email. "Sorry my Wi-Fi isn't cooperating with video calls rn!" ::mutes sound and bites into a sandwich::
46. Or light saber ice pop holders to keep your paws from freezing while you're trying to to enjoy your fave store-bought summer treat.
47. A summer-friendly blanket made to be temperature-regulating and oversized so there's no fighting over the covers. You *can* sleep with covers on in the summer. Or at least with covers like this.
48. A time-marked water bottle that'll prevent those 5 p.m. revelations that all you've had today is coffee. You should *always* stay hydrated but you really feel it in the summer.
49. An outdoor drink stakes set – it'll hold your beer while you tend to the fire pit or check out how those burgers are faring on the grill.
50. A portable wading pool for your pet to cool off in so every member of the fam can make good use of the great outdoors on your lil' patch of land! And in case you're wondering, yes, it's great for ducks.
51. And a pressure-activated cooling pad you can keep in a spot right inside your door so your dog has a place to go for a quick cool down when they ask to come inside. It's 5–10 degrees cooler than room temp and reviewers say it also provides some relief for pets with joint pain.
52. Waterproof globe string lights that'll make a big impact when hung along your roofline, draped on outdoor structures like a pergola, or just strung up solo so you can enjoy the lights *and* the stars. So dreamy!
53. A pack of coconut water powder in case the electrolyte-packed drink is a fave. This'll be so much more convenient that carting around bottles. Just add it to water!
54. And a well-reviewed hair serum because humidity and frizz are a bummer. Use this vitamin E, aloe vera, and argan oil formula to keep your 'do smooth.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.