39 Things That'll Help Your Bottom Line Over The Long Run
Purchases that'll help make an impact over time.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rich foam maker to transform your liquid face wash into some luxurious foam that'll make your container last much longer than normal. Reviewers also say that whipping product makes it gentler on skin!
2. Butterfly-shape sticky traps that'll look cute while they ensnare fungus gnats, fruit flies, plus other nuisances that are wreaking havoc on houseplants. You could buy a new plant every day, but you shouldn't have to.
3. And a 3-in-1 plant moisture meter to help you better care for your plant babies, whether you're a plant newbie or a seasoned pro.
4. Shrink wrap window insulation that could help you keep from jacking up the heat or the A/C way too much. Go ahead, enjoy that lovely well-appointed den with all the windows!
5. A wrapping paper holder for storing your goods once the gift-giving season is over. No more buying paper because you think you're out, only to unearth a crumpled roll of gift wrap during spring cleaning you could've used.
6. And some reusable gift sacks in case you'd like to avoid buying new paper or gift bags in the future. You probably won't be able to put an Instant Pot (an excellent gift!) in one of these, but it'll take care of a lot of gift-wrapping needs.
7. A cheese slicer – it'll let you create the perfect charcuterie board for your 90 Day Fiance marathon with that Aldi cheese rather than the stuff from the fancy cheese shop downtown.
8. A weekly budget planner for helping manage those expenses that feel like they're looming over your head. Sometimes just putting pen to (v organized) paper can help make the daunting things feel much more manageable!
9. Or a budget monthly tracker that'll work in your Google sheets in case you prefer to keep it digital, are trying to be better about paying attention to where every (digital) penny goes.
10. A teeth-whitening pen – it'll put only a teensy dent in your budget (vs. a trip to the dentist), *plus* they're way easier to use than white strips and taste minty. I've used these and they're super easy but effective!
11. And while we're talking about dental needs, a copper tongue scraper that'll help kill the funk so you don't waste your precious time buying different mouthwashes and mints to address it.
12. A set of reusable coffee pods you can fill with your favorite ground brew and then toss in your K-Cup machine like normal. This'll put a halt to tons of plastic pod waste, both for the environment and your fam's monthly budget.
13. And a set of K-Cup cleaning pods in case your Keurig is starting to have problems. Give these for a go for less than $10 before shelling out cash for a new machine!
14. A pill-removing stone to help keep those investment sweaters (plus the cheaper ones that, turns, out could survive a nuclear bomb) looking in tip-top shape.
15. A liquid tartar remover for dogs you simply add to their water bowls to cut out on plaque and smelly breath for a difference you'll notice. R.I.P. to all the doggy toothpastes you've tried in the past.
16. A bracelet keychain you can also loop onto your purse straps so you don't misplace your keys AGAIN. Locksmiths are *expensive* plus having to borrow your spare that your friend across town has can be a huge hassle. (I know.)
17. A keyboard cover as some insurance for anyone who's always sipping coffee or eating sandwiches at the computer. (OK I could use this.)
18. A bidet attachment — it could be just the thing for the people in your household who use SO MUCH TOILET PAPER you can't believe.
19. A four-way cleaning brush to make big moves on those black suede (or nubuck!) boots you decided to shuffle around in the dirt while wearing last weekend. Their days are no longer numbered
20. Wool dryer balls that'll be a wonderful effective alternative to fabric softener sheets or liquid that can cause some serious buildup on machines, leading to pricey problems later! (Also, buh-bye single-use softening sheets!)
21. A Baby Yoda dishwasher magnet to keep the fam on the same page as to if that plate was licked clean or washed clean... very important! No more having to run a second cycle because of someone putting in a dirty plate!
22. Clever Finance Girl, a book by Bola Sokunbi, who's behind the site and social media accounts by the same name. This book walks you through ID-ing what's important for you in your life, then how you should plan and allocate your funds accordingly. Plus it has a SUPER clear explanation for investing op types and so much more!
23. A notebook strap for anyone who's constantly jotting down notes or sketching on the go. No more losing your great writing utensils, only to have to replace them! (Also perhaps this'll help you actually put all those wonderful notebooks to good use.)
24. A kitchen scale with measurement conversions so you never have to worry about a baking Pinterest fail because you mussed up a conversion.
26. A six-pack of reusable ziplock bags that'll stand up as you fill them. Cutting down on $$$ one-use plastic *and* feeling like you have an extra set of hands in the kitchen?! Win-win!
27. A dip powder mani kit for a salon-like effect for about the cost of one visit. Now that you've become great at painting your nails with regular polish, it's time to ~level~ up.
28. A trio of Instant Pot magnets to help answer those questions (sorry, Siri) about how long everything cooks in that incredibly helpful appliance. This lil' bit of help can help prevent disasters *and* convince you to use this appliance more for at-home dinners rather than takeout or restaurant meals.
29. Plastic grocery bag wranglers light enough to hang on a hook on your wall *or* inside your kitchen cabinet. Hoarding plastic grocery bags so you never have to buy small bin liners again is a worthwhile pursuit. This'll make it cute too!
30. A leather conditioner to revive your leather goods *even* as large as a leather couch! Welcome to your next project while you catch up on the latest ep of your fave true-crime podcast!
31. And a wood scratch cover that'll cover up dings and discoloration on door frames and molding you can see outta the corner of your eye as you watch TV *without* sanding or refinishing! Cue to you on the prowl for more wood surfaces you can fix up.
32. A spray bottle of L'Oreal Paris root cover-up spray to help bridge the gap between your *real* roots and the time between colorings. Yes, you can put off that expense for another month!
33. A menstrual cup you can wear for up to 12 hours at a time and built to last up to 10 years. OK I'm horrible at math but I KNOW that is a LOT of tampons and liners you're replacing. Plus, it comes with this cute carrying pouch!
34. A pair of period undies that'll hold the same amount as three tampons or two pads. Here's to a sustainable (extremely cute!) way to cut down on those expensive (former) essentials.
35. A Bissell SpotBot as a hands-free spot scrubber you can leave and let scrub the red wine stain for you. Turns out, you won't have to buy a runner to cover that spot after all!
36. Or a carpet cleaning solution with results so impressive (just cast your eyes below this text!) that you may have to bleep out your own reaction. Get ready to break up with your carpet cleaner rental spot.
37. A pair of Drainwigs, which is just fancy talk for some hair catchers that can hang out in your shower drains. Nothing throws a wrench in your day like a clogged drain that demands a bottle of drain cleaner you don't already own.
38. Scotch-Brite nonscratch sponges that'll tackle that caked-on mess without making your casserole dish look like it went through battle (though it might as well have during enchiladas night).
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.