We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A compact Frigidaire window-mount that's easy to install and will bring some serious chill to a room fast. I'm looking at you, fellow apartment dwellers!
2. A pretty standard window unit at an incredibly affordable price with quick cool and quick warm starts because you wanted to be cool as a cucumber basically yesterday without selling a kidney to get there.
3. A smart Energy Star-certified unit enabled with Wi-Fi and three fan speeds to help you keep your cool without getting a rude awakening on your next power bill. If you're operating on the energy saver mode, the fan and compressor will kick off once the room gets to the desired level of cool, saving you cash.
4. Or an Energy Star-certified unit for a smaller space that also comes with a remote because back in my day, just having a remote for your window unit was considered fancy! (Its 24-hour on/off timer and energy-saving mode aren't too shabby either.)
6. A Honeywell 3-in-1 portable unit (it also works as a fan and dehumidifier!) with a remote control that has tons of rave reviews for its spot cooling prowess and light weight.
7. Or another portable Honeywell air conditioner that works for slightly larger spaces. No "installation" needed!
8. A small-but-mighty window unit with a support bracket and leaf covers because, yes, you need to worry about the part of your unit that's outside of your window (and passersby).
9. And a *super* portable air cooler you can tote around as you move about your day because sometimes you and all the other people in the room can't come to a consensus on the perfect chilly temp. You can even add icy water to it to make it feel a bit closer to your freezer's air. Or if it's not quite hot enough to turn on the AC, this is a new compromise.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.