40 Products That Are Bound To Become Your New Go-Tos
A DIY dip-powder kit, smoke-killing spray, a car vent clip to hold your fast food dips, and lots more things sure to become new go-tos.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. Melatonin sleep tablets for those moments when you wake up in the middle of the night and would give your first-born just to get back to sleep. I can also personally vouch that these WORK.
2. Pimple patches you can stick on a spot that's come to a head while you sleep for the night and then peel off in the morn to find all kinds of ick on it that used to be inside your blemish(!!!). Where were these when I was in middle school?!
3. And XL patches that'll cover larger areas so you aren't playing connect the dots with a bunch of tiny little circle patches.
4. *Sheer* sculpting shorts to help smooth out things underneath your clothes in a more breathable manner than thick OG sculpting shorts.
5. Or some jersey bike shorts you'll wear on the outside as a super comfy summer option. Perhaps you've heard of them? They're like leggings but shorter.
7. A powerful dish-washing spray I now swear by and my mom wishes came out years ago since I gave her a bottle. You can spray down that casserole dish caked with enchilada sauce, let it sit, and you simply wipe and rinse away that saucy mess in a few minutes.
8. A Hunt A Killer subscription so you can solve your way through a (faux) case with your loved ones, now that you've seemingly finished all the true-crime stuff on Netflix. Where has this been all my life?
9. A bottle of air sanitizer (yes that's a thing) that'll eliminate the WORST of smells (even cigarette smoke!) because sometimes plugging an air freshener into an outlet just masks the funk.
10. Or a smoke funk-killing spray made specifically to work with tobacco or cannabis smells.
11. A dip powder mani kit for a salon-like effect for about the cost of one visit. Now that you've become great at painting your nails with regular polish, it's time to ~level~ up.
12. Dip clips you can attach to car vents to help you get all saucey while you're on the go without finding smears of honey mustard months later.
13. An insulated soundproofing strip to stick on your door to help muffle your roommate's sounds as you clock lots of time together while working from home. OK, this isn't revolutionary but it'll feel like it once you realize it would've improved your quality of life drastically if you bought it a year ago.
14. A waterless hair wash – it'll transform from powder to foam when you add water to it. It takes up FAR less precious space in the shower and travels well!
15. A bug bite suction tool to help you out with existing bites to remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings!
16. And a camping hammock with a mosquito net so you can kick back, relax, and take in some nature BUT not *too* much nature, amiright? Here's to comfortably clocking in more leisure hours despite blood-sucking fiends.
17. A Blueland essentials starter kit that'll help you transform your mishmash of cleaning product bottles and cut down on one-use plastic. Plus, there's a subscription model to help you re-up. No more staring at a toothpaste-flecked mirror and an empty bottle of glass cleaner.
18. A starter stack of super portable makeup essentials you can easily take with you on the go...or just quickly track down in your own home. (Am I the only one who spends 2–3 minutes every morning tracking down my eyeliner?)
19. A Glossier refining duo with a chemical exfoliating solution and priming moisturizer to help lighten scarring and discoloration while giving you *just* the right amount of moisture if you deal with some combo skin issues and would like to take the emphasis off your pores.
20. A stainless-steel soap bar for erasing garlic and fish odors from your hands, which is something that'll follow you *all* around the house if you don't do something about it STAT. Plus you won't have to clean fingerprints off your stainless-steel appliances.
21. An ACTUALLY nice-looking cat cushion your furry pal will also come to appreciate for other reasons. No more ugly pet furniture.
Jackson Cunningham founded his small business, Tuft + Paw, in 2016 after adopting a cat from a local rescue. He started Tuft + Paw to create quality cat-first furniture, which he felt was missing from the market. Tuft + Paw also offers a 50% discount if you purchase and donate any of their products to a shelter.
Get it from Tuft + Paw for $99 (available in three sizes and two colors).
22. A silicone dishwasher net that'll keep those lighter cups, cooking tools, and more top-rack goods in place as your machine does the washing for you.
23. A 3D mask bracket that'll help you breathe better while masked up. And some reviewers say it even keeps their lipstick looking perfect!
24. Or if you're a glasses-wearer, a handmade 3D-style face mask you can even sport with sunglasses, sans the fog. Sign me up!
Conico Masks is a California-based Etsy shop that specializes in face masks, face masks designed for glasses, and eyelashes.
Promising review: "Awesome mask. Was looking for a mask that would fully cover my face and not fog glasses. This mask does both, while being very comfortable. Love how this mask fits. The design is very smart and different than other masks. Went with size large, which was spot on. Also, super fast shipping." —MM
Type Of Fit: Elastic ear loops
Pocket For Filter: No
Fabric Type: Linen, Satin, or Cotton
Shipping Time: Expected to ship within 3-4 days
Psst — this shop offers ✨free shipping!✨
25. A pet-hair remover to help you FINALLY rid all your upholstered surfaces of your precious fur bb's hair. This is not a fairy tale!
26. A hair finishing cream on a mascara-like wand for helping slick back those baby hairs and flyaways before your next video conference call.
27. A vinyl plastic vaccine card sleeve with a resealable top to help keep THE accessory of 2021 in fighting condition well past this calendar year. It also has holes so you can attach it to a lanyard!
Promising review: "Perfect for safeguarding the CDC COVID-19 Vaccine card. Just HATE that the CDC didn’t produce wallet-sized cards to begin with.The plastic and the zip lock are sturdy and can be attached to a lanyard. It’s definitely sized correctly for the CDC card. I pass these out to family and friends when they get their dose of vaccine. It’s necessary to protect the low quality cards with your vaccine batch number stickers." —B.
Get a set of three from Amazon for $6.99 (also available in five-, ten-, 20-, and 50-packs).
28. A stick of anti-chafing balm that'll keep your inner thighs and other parts ouchless when it's time to get physical, physical. (I just ordered TWO sticks of this for an upcoming vacation.)
I own this and yes, can vouch that it's QUITE effective for inner-thigh chafing (the bane of my existence).
Promising review: "Omg this stuff is the best! I am a chubby girl and I recently went to Thailand where it was 90 degrees Fahrenheit with a 70% humidity every single day I was there. This stuff got me through! I was able to wear dresses and shorts with no chafing! And I only ever had to apply in the morning and once in the middle of the day! My life is forever changed I’ve already ordered two more!" —Amazon Customer
29. A plumping hyaluronic acid serum – it'll really get down to what you want from a skincare product thanks to a nutrient-rich formula — looking like you've been getting enough sleep, eating your veggies, and drinking TONS of water.
30. A 10-in-1 spray you can spritz on your damp hair and let take care of basically every styling need for blowouts except finishing hairspray. It'll give you a super smooth blowout without filling up your medicine cabinet with products.
I have a very thick head of naturally curly hair and have put it through just about everything, including all kinds of hot tools, at-home dye kits, the gamut of shampoo and conditioner types, basically every dry shampoo and hair oil in existence, and just about anything else to try for a story for you dear readers. Lots of products have either straight-up failed, been meh enough for me to not recommend, or fantastic but so costly that I feel guilty recommending them. Basically, a lot of stuff ends up in the trash or pawned off on my (grateful) friends when it isn't a fit for me. But THIS STUFF. This stuff has become my go-to for spraying on my wet hair and then blow drying. Normally I'd apply a heat protector and an oil treatment or leave-in conditioner before blow drying. But this 10-in-1 treatment takes the cake! Most of the time when I use it, I don't even need to finish off my hair with hair oil (I've been doing that as an essential hair step for years now). It's really that good! Here, I have freshly blow dried hair with just this post-shower using this Amika blow-dryer brush. This brush is fantastic on its own but this spray-on treatment has more or less doubled this brush's effectiveness. My hair comes out feeling softer, looking shinier and healthier, and stays looking good for days — which is especially great news because I wash my hair about every four days. 'Tis time for me to unload a bunch of hair products I now no longer need to my friends.
Get it from Mane Club for $8 (cruelty-free, vegan).
31. A bidet attachment to help your household cut down on your toilet paper (and wet wipe!) consumption. Gotta love a new gadget, especially one that'll efficiently do the job no one else will.
Promising review: "Life-changing. If I have to drop a #2 and there is no tushy, I’ll just hold it and race home. There is no going back to the pre-bidet life. Only an ignorant miscreant would advocate for toilet paper." —Zachary R
Get it from Tushy for $99 (available in nine color combos).
32. A selfie ring light you can set up by your WFH station so you look well-lit and nice during that video meeting that should've been an email. At least you can get away with not wearing pants! (Just make sure you end that call before you stand up.)
33. A pair of tie-dye thigh-high stockings you never knew you needed 'til you saw them just now. Just because.
34. A cooling towel you simply soak in water and wring out to bring some chill to that outdoor run... or just stroll! Sometimes just walking outside or doing some low-key gardening can make you sweat like a racehorse.
35. Rapid-fill water balloons so you can cut down on prep time and get to the backyard fun so much faster. Ahem, water balloon fights are a WONDERFUL social-distancing activity, as the reviewer below found!
36. A colorless, odorless SPF 40 sunscreen to help you get your sun protection without worrying about a weird white cast or it melting down your face. Now you have NO excuse to walk outside without protection (you always need SPF 30+).
37. An over-the-sink drying rack to create some more clean drying space because even though you have a dishwasher you know there are certain items that'll perform so much better without a machine cycle.
38. An ultra thin electrical cover that'll help you easily plug and unplug stuff in the room where the only outlet just so happens to be behind the couch.
Promising review: "The design of this is great. I always hated putting plugs behind furniture and either not using the plug, or the furniture being inches away from the wall. This is the perfect solution. I have a few of these now behind couches and dressers in the house and they are great. This is more expensive than some other flat extension cords but I think the look and quality of these is worth it." —Adam C.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
39. A waterless cat bath because your precious angel is really starting to stink, but that isn't something you have to live with! I mean... have you ever tried to give a cat an *actual* bath?
40. An adjustable laptop riser to help you find your perfect WFH space, even if that space changes every few hours.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.