31 Cleaning Products That'll Do Jobs You Probably Didn't Even Know Needed To Be Done
The inside of cleaning appliances, the nooks and crannies of your jewelry, your belly button, and lots more places need some attention.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Foaming garbage disposer tablets so your biggest kitchen helper can keep running on 100 instead of ruining your day. (OK so maybe YOU know it needs cleaning, but everyone else in your household seems to be clueless about that.)
2. Cleaning goo you can use to detail stuff like vents, keyboards, remotes, the tiny works that seem to accumulate a LOT of dust and leave you scratching your head as to WHY your A/C in your car seems to be on its last leg!
3. A jetted tub cleaner that'll make you gag with delight once you run it through your system and all the pipe filth emerges like some Ghostbusters sludge.
4. A pack of AirPod cleaners because all that built-up ear gunk is seriously messing with your ability to hear your fave tunes. You just squish the flexible square into your AirPod speaker, peel it off, and go write a horror movie script about what you see.
5. A special brush to keep your dryer's lint trap clear of debris and make drying cycles/the appliance more effective for longer. If your stuff is coming out wet, you may need one of these. It's so much cheaper than a pro repair!!
6. Washing machine-cleaning tablets because the washer has been smelling a little funky and, um, well turns out that you need to clean the thing that cleans your underthings.
7. And dishwasher-cleaning tablets to get rid of residue that ends up creating odor and buildup on your dishes. I mean, the stuff it cleans off your dishes has to go SOMEWHERE. Turns out that stuff doesn't travel far.
8. Plus a hard-water booster for your dishwasher that'll finally get your Pyrex bowls that you thought were donezo looking normal again. In a true twist, the water is suspect too!
9. A phone soap sanitizer (and charger!) to clean that tiny computer you bring with you everywhere...including the bathroom. (You know the truth.)
10. A denture cleaner because oh hey, your retainer still tastes and smells a bit funny even though you religiously brush it every night. Time to get a bit more aggressive with that cleaning routine. These fizzing tablets will blast away odor-causing bacteria, discoloration, and plaque from your Invisalign, retainers, dentures, night guards, and more.
Promising review: "This worked extremely well with both a retainer and a night guard. The process is really simple and soaking them for 15 minutes removes the discoloration that has built up over time. I like the individually wrapped tablets to take with me when I am traveling again. The mint flavor is ever so slight after soaking and rinsing them. I have not tried any other cleaner other than brushing, but, these work as advertised and I am very happy with finding this product." —Keith L
Get 120 tablets from Amazon for $19.99.
11. A makeup brush cleanser because you and I both know you're not washing your beauty tools as frequently as you should. (Same.) Turns out, they aren't prime for a replacement, they just need a thorough wash.
12. A set of K-Cup cleaning pods in case your Keurig is starting to have problems. Give these a go for less than $10 before shelling out cash for a new machine!
13. Bottle-cleaning tablets because it's time to face the music. The inside of your travel mug currently looks like it's caked in mud thanks to your beloved coffee. Pop in a tablet, do something other stuff, then come back later to a pristine thermos!
14. A reusable weighted bottle cleaner for getting into all the parts of your sports and water bottles that you can't access with a sponge and your mere human hands. Those clumps of protein powder? No problem.
15. A steaming microwave cleaner for harnessing the power of an inanimate object's anger to loosen up crud and dirt inside your microwave for wipeable messes. If you're only glancing at the inside long enough to put in a plate of leftovers, spend a little more time peeking.
16. Bar Keepers Friend powdered cleanser to spiff up just about anything you have around your house like car head lights, pots and pans, porcelain sinks, stove tops...and all sorts of things you've gotten used to in their dingy state. Really, the limit does not exist.
17. A cleaning pen that'll *gently* revive the look of your jewels that you DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE have grown cloudy over time. Don't worry, it's made with micro-fine cleansers, polishing agents, and a polymer for a pro-level shine at the price of your morning coffee order.
18. A mold and mildew removal gel to make you feel like you're in possession of a time turner once you simply apply, let set for six hours, then wipe away. Ah yes, we DON'T have black grout in our bathroom.
19. And a heavy-duty grout cleaner can bring back that WHITE grout long after you convinced that your bathroom floor was tiled with gray grout.
20. A shampoo brush to help loosen buildup from styling products and make in-shower detangling a cinch. It just so happens that your new shampoo doesn't suck, it just can't get through the buildup to do its job.
21. Fridge bin liners that'll highlight *and* catch any fridge spills that may go unnoticed in your clear crisper drawers or shelves.
22. An air purifier in case your indoor air has you sniffling but you don't know why. This gadget removes dander, mold, dust, and pollen in the air to help you breathe better.
Promising review: "I'd never heard of this brand before but love their product now. Immediately this air freshener worked as advertised. I felt the air in my room was fresh. I have many cats and was grateful for the feeling of clean air around me. The product looks to be very well made and very nice to look at. Easy to set up, easy to use. I hope for many reliable years." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $76.47+ (also available in white).
23. An odor-minimizing diaper pail so diaper wafts won't assault your nostrils during changing time — even if you've gotten used to the awful smell.
24. A smoke funk-killing spray made specifically to work with tobacco or cannabis smells.
25. A wood polish with astounding "before" and "after" pics — it might just have you seeking out all sorts of worn-out wood surfaces to rejuvenate that you've learned to live with but not love.
26. A bidet attachment — it could be just the thing to help you REALLY get clean where the sun don't shine. Plus it's advantageous for the people in your household who use SO MUCH TOILET PAPER you can't believe.
27. A power washer to do the hard work in reviving outdoor hard surfaces like sidewalks, gates, patio furniture and more! Yep, THAT's the color of your patio.
28. A hairbrush cleaning tool because lint, dry shampoo buildup, and oil can turn your most-used hair tool into a disaster area (even if you remove strands post-brush every single time).
29. A liquid tartar remover to clean your dog's teeth, even if your pup won't let you close enough to even get a good look at them. It's sorta like dog mouthwash you just add to the water bowl!
31. And a minimalist cleaning checklist so you don't forget to clean toothpaste off the bathroom mirrors again.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.