47 Ways To Upgrade Your Living Room That Don't Require A Ton Of Work
Time to make your living room, liveable.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Bring in some warmth by using an LED sunset projector designed with a 180-degree rotation to help shine just enough light onto whatever wall you want.
2. Keep your TV looking its best with a screen-cleaning kit — the amount of filth hanging out on your TV, phone, and computer screens is probably really out of control — really, really out of control.
3. Freshen up your leather sofas and chairs by getting a leather cleaner — it works on any of your leather goods as well as faux leather.
4. Keep your memories alive and give your home some personalization with a guided gallery wall kit that includes everything you need to create one — including seven frames, a hanging template, hardware, and even some pretty black-and-white prints that you can use or replace.
5. And if you need a way to hang your gallery wall, get a pack of Command picture hanging strips that'll aid you in hanging your ever-growing art collection without digging any holes into your walls.
6. Or get an all-in-one Hang-O-Matic picture hanging tool so anything you decide to put on your walls is totally level — and you don't have to do the walk of shame back to your walls to drill a second set of holes.
7. Keep unsightly cords hidden with a genius and super discreet three-outlet power strip that's designed to look like your already existing plug while helping you keep the cords organized.
8. Give your plants a home with a foldable rope plant basket designed in a meticulously woven, natural and sustainable, jute spliced cotton rope that'll hold its shape when it's in use.
9. Keep those annoying little lights at bay with a pack of light-dimming stickers designed specifically to cover those constant blinking LEDs on all your electronics that brighten your space.
10. Fill your shelves with perfectly coordinated books sets that'll help make them look like they belong in the pages of an interior design magazine.
11. With just a little elbow grease and a miraculous bottle of Quick N Brite Fireplace Cleaner, you can clean away soot, smoke, creosote, and ash from nearly any fireplace — brick, stone, tile, rock. You name it!
12. Bring in a super cool DIY Moss Wall Art Kit to help add some greenery to your space and maybe even start a hobby that you can do at home.
13. Install a USB-powered LED light strip to bring the perfect amount of ambient lighting to your TV-watching experience.
14. And while we're talking about your TV, get a simple to install TV wall mount that doesn't require any studs for installations — well besides you of course.
15. Install a set of invisible bookshelves so you can neatly store your entire literary collection without any bulky furniture — look ma, no hands!
16. If your little one uses your living room for playtime, make cleanup a breeze with a mat that cinches up when playtime is over.
17. Change out your window treatments with a set of NoNo Brackets — curtain rod brackets you can mount to your existing blinds so that you don't have to drill any holes.
18. Add some peel-and-stick wallpaper to freshen up your space and give it some dimension and texture — it's also easily removable for when you're ready to change things up or move out.
19. Clean up your blinds with a microfiber blinds duster designed with spaced-out fingers so you can brush along every slat in a totally painless process.
20. Or replace your old dusty blinds with pleated fabric shades for that added privacy without totally blocking the light.
21. Throw a set of gorgeously lush velvet pillow covers on your favorite pillows to lend a little color and texture to any room in your house.
22. Use a leather remote control organizer so you're never stuck searching through your sofa cushions again.
23. Or place a sofa caddy in the cushions of your couch so you can keep not only your remotes handy, but your glasses, magazines, maybe even snacks!
24. If you're tired of spending countless dollars on flowers that just die on you, try a bundle of faux jasmine flowers that'll add a delicate statement to any room — without the need to replace them every week.
25. Keep your fragile cherishables safe with a jar of clear Museum Gel — an adhesive gel designed to secure your belongings in place and protect them from any falls, it's also easily removable, reusable, and nontoxic. Plus, it won't stain or leave any marks.
26. Bring in more light to any space, especially with something like this leather table lamp, to warm it up and make it feel way cozier.
27. Or if you have the floor space, get a sophisticated floor lamp that'll not only add a gorgeous piece of decor to a room, but also just make your home feel really cozy.
28. And don't forget your ceiling lights! Add a mid-century light fixture — it's an easy way to upgrade your home without breaking the bank (while still making it look like you did).
29. Bring in an elegant touch with a round velvet ottoman that'll make putting your feet up so chic and soft to the touch.
30. Add a smart end table designed with a Bluetooth speaker, wireless charging surface, and USB plug — imagine never waking up and realizing you forgot to plug in your phone!
31. Make fixing your scratched up furniture super easy with a versatile Katzco Furniture Repair Kit complete with six wood markers and six wax sticks all designed to match whatever wood you need fixed.
32. And while you're at it, get a handy little container of touch-up paint to deal with all those chips and marks you've been meaning to tackle.
33. Forgot to use a coaster on your beloved coffee table? Get a watermark remover cloth to help you quickly and easily remove marks on wood caused by water, alcohol, heat, latex paint, and permanent marker, and help conceal surface scratches — oh and you can use it to polish metal and chrome.
34. Keep your carpets looking super clean with a bottle of fast-acting, nontoxic Folex Carpet Spot Remover – it works on any color carpet or material to remove tough spots and stains. Plus it doesn't leave a sticky residue and it requires no rinsing or vacuuming.
35. Invest in a small standing desk perfect for getting you off the couch without taking up too much space in your home.
36. Install a voice- or phone-controlled Nest thermostat that'll learn your preferences based on the time of day and season, and make sure your home is always the perfect temperature and you're not sweating up a storm.
37. Bring in some extra coziness with a handmade cable-knit pouf — it's the piece of elevated decor you've been looking for!
38. Update old furniture and fixtures with a roll of vinyl wrap film — a temporary solution that'll help you upgrade your counters and tabletops for a long time but won't cost a small fortune.
39. If you're looking to bring new life to your worn floors try Howard Products Wood Polish & Conditioner — it uses beeswax to help give luster to any wood surface.
40. Place an embossed faux-alligator decorative tray on your coffee table or ottoman to have a spot to hold all your little treasures.
41. Bring in some colorful art to brighten up your walls and give your space that perfectly added pop of color.
42. Give any room in your home a glamorous touch with room-darkening velvet curtains that'll help in your quest to sleep in a little later.
44. Try a five-step decorative ladder to store and display your throw blankets — better there than in a giant unfolded tumbleweed.
45. You don't need to break the bank to get a beautiful area rug: This medallion area rug comes in a variety of colors and sizes to fit your decor style, plus its refined loom makes it great for anyone with pets!
46. Add a discreet piece of storage furniture for help keeping all the stuff you want out of sight hidden away — but they also look quite nice as part of your decor setup.
47. Make your tiny space seem a little bigger with perfectly placed mirrors, which will also help in your quest to capture the perfect OOTD pic for Insta.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.