1. "My first tattoo was a good lesson in getting what you pay for."
2. "I got the Celtic symbol for friendship on my inner arm with a very good friend of mine. Long story short, we're no longer friends."
3. "The first one was blurry and lame."
4. "People don't believe me until I show them the before and after!"
5. "The cover-up was done by Christopher Layman at Living Canvas in Columbia, Missouri."
6. "Getting it covered helped me move on for good."
7. "We called the first attempt my 'chicken nugget'."
8. "Covered with new sparrows, an exploding heart, and my daughters' names."
9. "When your tattoo artist tells you not to get a boyfriend's name on you, you should listen."
10. "As you can see, I have much better taste now."
11. "I was happy I was able to transform my cliché tattoo into something more meaningful to me."
12. "The letters of my quote started to spread, so I got a cover-up that I love!"
13. "I realised once I saw the initial tattoo finished that the artist had redrawn what I brought in into a bird with a boob head."
14. "My ex-girlfriend convinced me to get it and it was a horrible mistake."
15. "I got this dreadful haunted house and found out afterwards the artist had been using other people’s tattoos and passing them off as his own."
16. "I got my initials as a teenager and soon regretted it!"
17. "Crappy L turned sex panther!"
18. "Seriously, you can't go wrong with a winged wheel."
19. "The original was my first tattoo ever."
20. "He freehanded the drawing on my leg. Amazing work!"
21. "Seven years later, I finally decided it wasn't really me."
22. "I messed up by doing no research on the artist!"
23. "It's my tramp stampede."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.