We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to show us their magical Harry Potter-inpired tattoos. Here are some of their responses.
1. "The stories were a constant reminder throughout my recovery that this addiction did not control me."
2. "Magic and friendship forever!"
3. "It's my subtle little symbol of where it all began."
4. "They're my favourite tattoos, and a great way to identify other geeks!"
5. "We're bonded for life!"
6. "The Harry Potter universe has always been somewhere for me to disappear to and forget about reality."
7. "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
8. "Sometimes we get so caught up in day-to-day life that we forget to take the time to appreciate what we have."
9. "I got my Lumos tattoo to remind me to focus on the amazing, happy, beautiful aspects of my life."
10. "I liked the Deathly Hallows constructed because while together they make one invincible, separately they represent both strengths and weaknesses."
11. "My tattoo represents strength and survival."
12. "Harry Potter is my favourite antidepressant."
13. "As an avid reader, sometimes you have to remind yourself to go out there and actually do the things you read about."
14. "We've been getting in and out of trouble together for the last 25 years."
15. "I knew I had to immortalise how much the series means to me."
16. "One thing that has remained constant in my life is my love for Harry Potter."
17. "I got this four years ago, and love it like it was the first day."
18. "My sister and I got these to honour our favourite characters."
19. "It's even more meaningful to me now that Alan Rickman has passed."
20. "My brother and I got these on my 22nd birthday."
21. "Harry Potter was my entire childhood, and I never feel more at home than I do when I'm reading it."
22. "I have a few Harry Potter tattoos, but this is my favourite."
23. "I like to think I always have a little luck with me."
24. "It got me through several bouts of depression, and has always been a huge part of my life."
25. "I got the word 'always' tattooed in Tolkein's Elvish."
26. "It’s the portal into the world where, no matter what horrible things are happening, I always feel like I’m home."
27. "It reminds me that words hold more power than we think."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.