Despite how the saying goes, more often than not readers automatically judge a book by its cover. It's inevitable.
And, more often than not, the covers of books written by women are seen as "girly" and therefore of a lower quality.
So, when awesome female author Maureen Johnson called for a change, obviously Twitter responded.
1. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
2. On The Road by Jack Kerouac
3. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
4. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
5. Carrie by Stephen King
6. Lord Of The Flies by William Golding
7. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
8. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
9. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
10. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
The moral of the story: don't judge a book by its cover!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!