12. University of Utah: Swoop
This is just a mask and a tail. Let me know when the whole costume is done.
11. Oregon State University: Benny Beaver
He kind of looks like what would have happened if you stayed stuck in that awkward phase in your life, but just grew bigger.
10. University of California - Berkeley: Oski
It’s a cartoonish bear in a cardigan and about as intimidating as another famed cardigan wearer, Mr. Rogers.
9. University of California - Los Angeles: Joe Bruin
It’s all in the eye brows.
8. University of Washington: Harry the Husky
10 points for real life counterpart; -10 points for use of Segway
7. University of Arizona: Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat
Here’s to the happy couple!
6. Washington State University: Butch T. Cougar
Butch T. Cougar loves you this much!
5. Arizona State University: Sparky
The mustache alone is worth at least three spots in the rankings
4. University of Southern California: Traveler
It’s a horse, of course.
3. University of Colorado: Ralphie
A real, live bison storms around the stadium — well isn’t that something!
They also have this less foreboding model named Chip.
1. University of Oregon: Puddles, The Oregon Duck
The University of Oregon has a special licensing agreement with Disney to use the likeness of Donald Duck.
Oregon wins this one.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- People are arguing about whether those who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.