14. Vanderbilt University: Mr. C
For when you want your nightmares to have a face.
13. University of Mississippi: Rebel Black Bear
Because a black bear should be REBELLIOUS?!
12. University of Alabama: Big Al
Nothing about the Crimson Tide sports culture makes any sense.
11. University of Arkansas: Big Red
Surprisingly of no relation to the chewing gum.
10. University of South Carolina: Cocky
No one likes an overly confident animal. No one.
9. University of Kentucky: Wildcat
Any cat who wears basketball shorts to a football game is obviously a member of the SEC. But its fashion sense could use some work.
8. University of Missouri: Truman the Tiger
By and large the derpiest of the tiger mascots on this list.
7. Louisiana State University: Mike the Tiger
You wouldn’t expect so much charisma from a tiger named Mike, but here we are.
6. Mississippi State University: Bully
“Bully” as a name for a bulldog seems a bit bland, but he makes up for it with his use of doghouse.
5. University of Tennessee: Smokey
He just seems like a real laidback dude.
3. University of Georgia: Hairy Dawg, Uga*
(*This dog is Russ, who was filling in for the Uga bloodline around the 2012 season opening.)
That dog’s mug is amazing.
2. University of Florida: Albert and Alberta
CUTEST COUPLE ALERT!
- The U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, has voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.