1. You resist the urge to respond "how do you think it's spelled" when people ask you how to spell your name.
2. You've had at least one boss or teacher who believed your last name was actually your first name.
3. Telemarketers are completely confused by you.
4. There are numerous photos of you on the Internet that are incorrectly tagged as another person with your name and vice-versa.
5. Your name featured prominently in many word problems in math class.
6. You secretly wish that, just once, somebody would butcher your name.
7. You went through a phase when you experimented with nicknames.
8. There's always a celebrity or fictional character that shares your name.
9. You grew up with a lot of people with the same name as you, and you were never referred to by just your first name
10. Regardless, one of your best friends shared/shares your name.
11. Meeting new people is tricky.
12. When you have an issue with your name being misspelled, it just seems that much worse.
13. Getting to pick a foreign name for your language class is the best thing ever.
14. You've met someone who has said that you should have been named a different generic name.
15. Unless you're named for a relative or a famous person, your parents really don't have a good answer to the question "Why did you name me this?"
16. You have a collection of mugs with your generic name on them.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!