1. CNN used an Instagram photo of Andrea Rebello and her twin sister in Halloween costumes as a visual in a segment about the 21-year-old Hofstra student’s tragic death by police gunfire.
2. On top of the questionable choice of photograph, the production team’s use of the “Ken Burns” pan-and-scan to add movement makes everything about the segment a million times more offensive.
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.