1. CNN used an Instagram photo of Andrea Rebello and her twin sister in Halloween costumes as a visual in a segment about the 21-year-old Hofstra student’s tragic death by police gunfire.
2. On top of the questionable choice of photograph, the production team’s use of the “Ken Burns” pan-and-scan to add movement makes everything about the segment a million times more offensive.
- For the second day in California, protests against Donald Trump grew heated as demonstrators briefly overcame a police barricade.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯