25 Reasons To Give "The Godfather Part III" Another Shot
It's not all bad. It's just mostly bad. Note: Contains spoilers!
1. For starters, there is a great tour of Sicily in The Godfather Part III.
2. You'll see an aged Diane Keaton.
3. Plus an aged Al Pacino.
4. And a severely aged Al Pacino.
5. There are flashbacks to earlier (better) parts of the saga.
6. You'll see a conflicted Kay reminisce on good times.
7. For example, remember how happy the Corleone family was in Part I?
Well just look at how, ehem, "happy" they are in Part III.
8. Sofia Coppola acts super desperate in this film.
9. You'll develop a hatred for her so deep you will wish she was dead.
10. Part III takes us back to a time when Catholic leaders weren't the best role models.
11. Wardrobe still doesn't know how to dress Diane Keaton's character.
Recall Part I.
Then Part II.
And Part III. See? This movie isn't all that different from the other two.
12. Michael Corleone is sickened by regret, and you'll feel the slightest bit bad for him.
13. Where do you think Mike Tyson got his most effective moves?
14. You'll realize who is really pulling the strings.
15. What other movie shows someone giving a death order just before kneeling at the cross?
16. A boardroom full of greedy Dons are gunned down by masked men in a helicopter.
17. This movie even has lessons on making gnocchi the sexiest way possible.
18. You'll watch Andy Garcia become perhaps the hottest Godfather yet.
Oh, hang on.
Is it too late to take that back?
19. Maybe he wasn't the hottest of the Godfathers, but this movie will remind you that Andy Garcia was once rather sexy.
20. Seeing the look on the priest's face when Michael Corleone finally confesses his sins is reason enough to see The Godfather Part III.
21. You'll see Connie kill 'em with kindness.
It's hard to resist those cannolis, huh Don Altobello?
22. A man is murdered with HIS OWN GLASSES in this movie.
23. If you make it to the end, your Sofia-hatred will finally be satisfied.
24. Plus, her death is followed by one of the most heartbreaking screams in cinematic history.
25. Above all, this film reminds us that a daughter should never be punished for her father's mistakes.